differences...now & last year

pbghost

Registered
seen this on CNN...I guess it's all fun & games unless you're the "other" team. seems pretty ballsy considering the time & place...maybe it's just me:poke:
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Vice President Joe Biden celebrated American patriotism and mocked the ghost of Saddam Hussein during a Fourth of July visit to Iraq on Saturday.

Vice President Biden congratulates a soldier who became a U.S. citizen on Saturday.

He presided at a naturalization ceremony at one of Hussein's former palaces, where 237 U.S. service members were sworn in to become American citizens.

"We did it in Saddam's palace and I can think of nothing better. That S.O.B. is rolling over in his grave right now," Biden said of the former Iraqi dictator, who was toppled by a U.S.-led invasion in 2003 and executed by the Iraqi government in 2006.

Well, I typically disagree with Biden, but he gets :thumbsup: on this. It's an amazing commitment for a non-citizen to go to war for a country. Thanks to all who serve!

don't get me wrong, I agree with what you said 1000% I was referring to the Saddam remarks...in his palace...in Iraq...being the ballsy thing. I have the highest respect for any non-citizen to volunteer to fight for our country and beleive that they should be granted citizenship if so desired:bowdown:(not to take anything from anyone else who serves, they too are way up there:bowdown:)

Last edited:
Agreed. Happy Independence Day, courtesy of folks like them. :beerchug:

Back