Invisible dog fence

I have a 135# weimeraner and 2 pit bulls,,,I have a 5 ft chain link around 3/8 acre,and a 'cattle' electric fence at the bottom to prevent dig-outs,,strong enough to kill a squirrel ,,proven,, as far as I'm concerned, short of death,they can't make a fence shock hard enough,,because it's gonna be far worse on the dog if it gets out and gets struck by a car or gets torn up in a fight,,LOTS of suffering there,,

what if another dog comes into said fence and starts fighting with your dog??? that's the one thing i have been afraid of with invisible fences. A friend of mine had a Siberian, she learned to go thru the fence at an older age, he finally gave up and put up a fence for her.

We live in a gated community, 2 1/2 golf courses, very strict rules, so there are no dogs off leash. Juliette is a jungle dog we hand raised from 2 weeks old on a tropical island in the Pacific. She is something else, so I feel sorry for any stray dog wandering into our yard. She is always hyper, however we have been successful with her and an electronic underground fence now for three years. The Husky is now going for its second week, so far has not skipped it once, but that may very well change as he grows up. I use the best product out there though, install myself and train the dogs myself. That may help some.

We have restrictions on fences, small areas allowed, must be hidden by landscaping and very expensive.

I have a 135# weimeraner and 2 pit bulls,,,I have a 5 ft chain link around 3/8 acre,and a 'cattle' electric fence at the bottom to prevent dig-outs,,strong enough to kill a squirrel ,,proven,, as far as I'm concerned, short of death,they can't make a fence shock hard enough,,because it's gonna be far worse on the dog if it gets out and gets struck by a car or gets torn up in a fight,,LOTS of suffering there,,

LOL, I had one of those cattle electric fences around a flower bed at my old house. The neigbor's German Shepard came into my yard, touched the wire and pooped himself right there. The yelp was something else.

Hahaha,,,it's NOT funny,,but it is,,,I live where my clostest neighbor is about a mile away and have 3.5 acres,,so it's a little different for me,,my problem with a 'maybe' fence,is there is a state hiway about 500 yards from my property,,and of course that's where they 'must' go if left to their own devices,,,never a good thing,,,,

We live in a gated community, 2 1/2 golf courses, very strict rules, so there are no dogs off leash. Juliette is a jungle dog we hand raised from 2 weeks old on a tropical island in the Pacific. She is something else, so I feel sorry for any stray dog wandering into our yard. She is always hyper, however we have been successful with her and an electronic underground fence now for three years. The Husky is now going for its second week, so far has not skipped it once, but that may very well change as he grows up. I use the best product out there though, install myself and train the dogs myself. That may help some.

We have restrictions on fences, small areas allowed, must be hidden by landscaping and very expensive.

heck you may be ok, once a dog gets it in its head something bad is gonna happen they usually dont forget that, it might work out well for ya, my friends siberian, lets just say she was a B when it came to obedience anyway:thumbsup:

Back