Underground fence help!

Gurley

Registered
I live inside city limits where we have leash laws and I have a pitbull. I am planning to get an underground fence and put in so he can roam the yard freely (I hate to chain a dog) when he is not laid out on the couch! Anyone have any suggestions on a good undergorund fence for a pit? Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Sport Dog electronic fence, got mine from Amazon, have a wild pitbull mix and it works perfect.

underground fence wont help. trust me lol. and your fence will never be high enough.

This is what i do works really well:rofl:

100_2002.jpg

a few years ago i had a rott. tried the underground fence idea. he went right through it. i thought i had set it up wrong so i held the collar and tried it. BAD IDEA :banghead: nothing wrong with the set-up!!!! so i repositioned his collar and tried it again. he walked to the line, twitched once, and kept right on going. needless to say i just spent the extra money and bought a fence. no more issues.

You will have to condition him to see the shock/underground fence as an impermeable barrier. I wouldn't personally risk keeping a dog of that type out without a physical fence. You need to think about litigation in the case of some ornery neighborhood children coming by to taunt him.

Back