Introduction

tyddlywink

Registered
Greetings. I didn't see forum for just introductions so I hope here is acceptable.

I've been riding off and on for about 10 years. Mostly Cruisers. Started riding sport at the beginning of the 2007 riding season. That bike was a 97 GSXR. Towards the end of the year I traded that in for my 2007 Busa. Which I promptly wrecked a month after. :D I took the insurance money and did some custom work on the bike to make it my own.

I wrote about the accident and the birth of Midnight awhile ago. Here it is if you are interested.

Ride Fast Speed Turns Me On

It's finally time to write about my last motorcycle accident. It's been a long time coming.

On October 6, 2007 I was in a small motorcycle accident that resulted in me spending a few hours in the ER and causing some serious cosmetic damage to my bike.

I still have a constant pain in my shoulder and the bruising on my side has subsided quite a bit but it's still there. I also lost some of my feeling in that side. If someone rubs their fingers across the affected area I don't feel it. My Doctor hopes that the feeling will completely return but did warn me that I might go the rest of my life without complete feeling in that area. Oh well. This is one of the risks of my hobby and the way I ride. I hope to die in one of two ways. On my motorcycle or helping someone. If I'm lucky enough it'll be both. :D

The really sad part is the damage that was caused to the bike. I had just gotten it a month ago and had made only one payment. I remember looking at, no drooling over, this bike at Snake River Yamaha the night of our 2007 Ride for the Red Rally. I felt like a child in a toy store staring at the newest GI Joe toy. I needed that toy. If I didn't get it I would just die. So I go to my Mommy, I mean Wife, and sheepishly ask if I can get this new toy. "If we can afford it." she replies. Holy Crap...She said YES!!! I started talking to the salesman and traded in my 1997 Suzuki GSX-R 750 and rode my new toy, a 2007 Suzuki Hayabusa, home. On the ride home I couldn't help but test it's claim to fame. "The fastest production motorcycle available." I was able to get it to 70 going down fairview with barely a twist of the wrist. The front wheel came off the ground as if it was the most natural position for it. To say I loved this bike is an understatement. It's lines were perfect, smooth and shapely like a woman. It's color was a beautiful Cherry Red. And it purred like a Kitten that was laying in the warm summer sun.

You, the reader may think that it's the speed that was what got me into trouble but you would be wrong. Yes I was going fast that day. I had gotten it to 160 mph at one point. But the reason for the accident was not it's speed. That day a bunch of us from Boise Valley Riders went up to cascade and back again. Dan, a fellow Busa owner, and I decided that we wanted to have some fun so we rode out ahead. At the time of the accident he was about 3 or 4 seconds ahead of me. We came upon a set of rail road tracks and then a turn to the right. We slowed down to about 30 - 35 and he crosses the tracks and makes the turn without incident. I on the other hand was not so lucky. As I cross the tracks my rear end becomes airborne. Unfortunately, it also shifted to the side a bit. So when it came down it introduced a very bad wobble to the bike. If I was on a straight road this wouldn't have been that big a deal. I would have been able to get it back under control without any incident. But, alas it was not a straight road. I had that right turn I had to deal with coming up. I was not going be able to get the wobble under control AND make the turn in time. The last memory I have of riding that bike was trying to aim it into the up coming ditch in such a way as to avoid the trees. I woke up next to the bike to an intense pain in right side. I felt restricted and if I didn't get my jacket and vest off I was going to suffocate. So I stood up and while screaming in pain I ripped off my jacket and vest. Thinking "Ah much better" I collapsed with the comforting knowledge that Dan was just up ahead and he would notice that I was gone and head back my way to find me. Yep, I hear his bike coming...and going. What the HELL!!! He just passed me. Well that's okay I guess he'll find me. As I lay there a couple cars pass me by. I really hated the people of the world at that moment. I'm staring into this guys eyes who is staring right back at me and he just keeps on driving. Finally, a good Samaritan stops and asks me if I'm okay. I couldn't help but laugh and say "Nope". He calls 911 and I ask him to make sure my bike is turned off. Then another guy stops who apparently has experience in first aid and he does a quick check of my side and says I probably have a broken rib and after finding out that I had stood up to remove my jacket and vest informed me that that was not the wisest thing to do. Oh well it's done.

Then I hear lots of loud thundering pipes. The sweetest sound I've ever heard. My BVR family has arrived and all will be well. Rob took care of informing my wife of the accident and assured her that I was okay. He also was responsible for saving my chaps. The EMT's wanted to cut them off and he and I both were very much against it. They were able to get them off without any cutting. I really didn't want to have to buy a new set of chaps. They aren't cheap you know. :D I then hear my bike starting up and I was so happy to hear my baby purring. They moved it to a safe location where Wes would come and pick it up with his trailer later on. As the Ambulance pulls away I knew that not only was I going to be taken care of but so was my bike.

When I get to the hospital they do all kinds of checks and tests. They happily inform me that I have no broken bones nor any internal bleeding. That the swelling in my side was not a damaged kidney but just a very large welt. Jodie arrives with my Son, Jacob, and are roommate, Chery. I can see the huge relieve as Jodie walks into the room and sees me alert and smiling. She then informs me that I have a bunch of bikers out in the lobby wondering how I'm doing. Picture that if you will. A dozen or so bikers in full leather waiting out in the lobby. Troy was even there and he wasn't even on the ride with us. How the hell did he find out? No matter. I am touched and thankful for all of them being there. At some point Dan and Preston come in and Dan tells me the bike is repairable and that he and I should be able to do it ourselves. Woot, one worry taken care of. I haven't lost my new toy.

I go home that day drugged up on pain meds and with a fistful of prescriptions to fill. The next few days are kind of a blur but I remember a visit from my friend Karen who brings me this big ass cookie. That cookie was good. I also remember a lot of pain but was comforted because I had people checking up on me a lot to make sure I was okay. Friends are a great and wonderful thing to have.

I finally was well enough to get out of bed and the house. I went to visit my Bike and see what was needed to get him back up and running. I almost came to tears seeing him all broken up. The damage didn't really look that bad but the estimate to repair was just above the 6k mark.

Later I decided that the bike I had had died. The bike needed to be reborn. It needed to become MY bike. Not Suzuki's bike that I happened to own. It was even going to get a new name. No longer would it be known as "The Busa" or "Zeus". I hadn't decided on the name yet but it needed a new one. As soon as I got the insurance money into my account I started ordering new parts for him. A new custom paint job, new pipes, new accessories. I've even gone as far as getting LEDs for it.

The bikes new name will be Midnight. The moment it was suggested as a vanity plate by Jodie I knew that that was it's new name.

I hope to have Midnight in my garage by the end of March. Below is a list of everything that will be done to the bike.

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa - Midnight

Black with Purple Flakes Painted by Link no longer works
Rumble Concept Undertail Cyclop Series - Painted to match the rest of the bike.
Roaring Toyz 4-2-1 Megaphone Exhaust
Chromed Wheels
Purple Chain
Purple Chain Adjuster Blocks
Purple Handle Bar Ends
Purple Top Yoke Nut
Purple Grip Adjusters
Purple Swingarm Spools
Purple Resevoir Caps
Purple Spocket Nuts
Purple Oil Caps
Purple Bolts for Screen and Fairings
Black Anodized Fork Caps
Black Anodized Skeleton Triple Tree
Black Clutch and Break levers
Black Pig Spotter 2 Mirros
Front End Lowered about 1 inch.
Dark Smoke Psykons Double Bubble Windscreen
78 Purple LED's
Speed-O-Healer
Chromed Fairing Screens
16/43 Sprocket Set
Power Command 3

The bike is being put together by GB Creations - 208-571-0173.

I even have the next paint job planned out in my head. That is still a couple years out still though. Unless I get into another accident. :)

I can't wait to ride Midnight.

"Ride Fast, speed turns me on."

l_efeb5ff941eb674f51097cc678d76943.jpg

l_6392f782c5921e1c6d4caab52df982ba.jpg

Pretty cool story. Now... as for the PClll. You outta talk to Smithabusa about getting your stock ecu "flashed" before you commit to that outdated piece of equipment.
OH- and btw...:welcome:

Last edited:
Pretty cool story. Now... as for the PClll. You outta talk to Goldenchild about getting your stock ecu "flashed" before you commit to that outdated piece of equipment.
OH- and btw...:welcome:

LOL. Already commited. :D But I do need to adjust it. I went with the map from Roaring toys and I think I'm running a little rich. My MPG took a noise dive.

Welcome aboard and sorry to hear about the accident! Nice name you have chosen for the ole' girl. Hope they don't get us confused! :laugh:

Midnight (24 Jul 08) - 1.jpg

26... no s**t, thats got to be waayy rich. I've got cams and numerous other mods and got it tuned out to 32-33 mpg combined city/hiway avg. with 16/43 gearing no less... If i fill up, go straight to the interstate and cruise at 60-65 I can still get 38-40 mpg....

26... no s**t, thats got to be waayy rich. I've got cams and numerous other mods and got it tuned out to 32-33 mpg combined city/hiway avg. with 16/43 gearing no less... If i fill up, go straight to the interstate and cruise at 60-65 I can still get 38-40 mpg....

Yeah, I've just been to busy to try and fix it. Rather ride it than play on a laptop. :laugh:

Back