Got props on the Busa last night.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Well last night I rode down to Miami's South Beach to see what was going on. I hung around until I heard thunder in the distance. As I'm unhooking my helmet from my bike I notice a group of 3 teens walking my way. One of them stops and says, "Man! That's the only bike worth buying. My dad has the purple and black one and it's awesome!".

I give him a smile and say, "Oh ... he has an '04."

"Yeah, man that bike is wicked fast. The only bike that can hang with it is the new Kawasaki. But I don't care, I'll still take the Busa!"

His 2 other friends continued walking as he was chatting with me so he ran off to catch them. I put my helmet on to cover my ear-to-ear smile, threw on my jacket, pulled up my gloves, and rode home grinning the whole way ...

Just thought I'd share that with you all ....

I guess even the kids know who the big dogg is
Gen1 Busa will always be the King
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

You know who's gonna be eyeballing his fathers bike
when hes ready to ride........

bowdown.gif

That's cool!
super.gif
You know your the $&!# when the teenagers drool over your ride!
beerchug.gif

That is cool, my 8 year old son never stops wanting to sit on her and want really badly to ride on the back. I have ordered him all of the right gear, helmet, gloves, boots, jacket, and reflective vest, and I plan on giving him rides to school this year.
super.gif

(pward76 @ Aug. 18 2007,20:flamethrowing:) He's right about the purple and black - it's the fastest....
You have a pic of your rear fender mod.I 've ben looking at undertails but don"t want to part with $300. Thanks

(upsslave @ Aug. 19 2007,01:30)
(pward76 @ Aug. 18 2007,20
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) He's right about the purple and black - it's the fastest....
You have a pic of your rear fender mod.I 've ben looking at undertails but don"t want to part with $300. Thanks
I cut mine as well. I used a dremel to cut it, flipped the bracket up-side-down, and drilled two holes almost in the middle (top to bottom) on each side of the plate so that it'll mount a bit higher.

props. are good. The more I see the purple and black, makes me want to go from blue and silver to purple and black. I guess my painter will be busy this winter.
beerchug.gif

I park my bike in the space closest to my office window so I can keep an eye on it while I'm at work. 25 feet away. I'm constantly seeing people pause as they walk by and frequently, people will stop and just stare for a few minutes.

Great having the fastest AND the most beautiful bike ever made!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Back