Insuring a BUSA?

TheEarthdog

Donating Member
Registered
Ok I finally had decided to add a 05 BUSA to my stabel next to my 02 Wing.

The BUSA comes in tomorrow so I call to get Full Coverage with $1000.00 ded. But to my adsolute dismay I got quoted $2000.00 from Progressive. Hell I only pay $500.00 for my 02 Wing with a $5000.00 rider for accessories.

Any ideas.. I live in GA and the response I got was that I have 3 speeding tickets (Car) and I want the fastest MC so it should be no surprise.

TIA

Call State Farm. I'm 28 . My deductables are $100/comp. , $250 coll. I pay $444 a year full coverage.

I would recommend State Farm also. I guarantee you that the insurance would be LOWER for your Hayabusa than the Goldwing if you went to state farm.

State Farm only considers the cc's of the engine. Thats it.

You might need to put your car with them too in order to get the best rates on the all vehicles.

Also, I would re-think the $1000 deductible. That is pretty steep considering how much a sportbike is depreciated as it is. You will wish you had that $1000 or at least $500 of it -if a claim of theft or totalling was filed.

stae farm is the best...they dont class the bikes by what they are considered as far as "fastest motorcycle...etc"
It shows up as a 1300 Touring bike...

bam...i pay like 650 for the year...all the bells and whistles

State Farm! They go by cc's of the motor, not what kind of bike it is. I pay 400 per year with a 250 deductible. I'm 35.

I have my ins with state farm also, 280 every 6 months. I have my ins in dalton georgia, live in ringgold. I also have both cars insured with them. progressive wanted 2400 a year, and they claim to be motorcycle friendly, I think not.

earth dog how old are you? and the 1k deductable lower that at least to 500. if i go down...when i went down...it cost 500 to fix it so i didnt file a claim. What if you get 999 bucks worth of damage wont be worth it to file a claim and im sure you dont want to blow 1k in a day to be riding next week

I'm a GSXR-1100 veteran, sold it a few years ago.  Been looking HARD at a Hayabusa.  I did the online thing at Progressive and got nearly the same result: $2100/year.  My last accident was in 1986 and my last ticket was in 1990.  I have THREE (kinda expensive) cars insured for @$2800/year with ALFA (Alabama Farmers something-or-other), but they don't insure "High Performance" (yeah, I know) motorcycles, so I have to look elsewhere.  I will probably move all my vehicles to whomever if I do get one, but this was discouraging. Glad I'm not the only one.

As for State Farm, ya'll may be too young to remember, but around 1986 (the dawn of the sportbikes), State Farm briefly dropped and refused to insure ANYTHING with 2 wheels.  I lived in Seattle at the time and had to change to Farmers.  State Farm sent me a nice letter that they would be glad to continue insuring my car (1979 Camaro), but they would not renew my 1985 VF1000R.  And of course, Farmers would not insure only a motorcycle by itself, but I had no intention of leaving anything insured with Sate Farm, so I moved both.

My first post and it's a long rant...

Its the opposite in WA state now...Farmers will not insure most sport bikes , neither will Allstate.

hey termbrn you should move your cars and bike to state farm....should save an as of money

I will be calling State Fram first thing Monday morning. I have a CLEAN driving record and Progressive wants $843 with a $250 ded.

Statefarm was the cheapest when i was looking, when i bought my 01 busa, and that was $470 a year. Then last year i got my 04 limited i thought it was going to be more, to my suprise it dropped to $426.
The best thing to do is just shop around!

I went to insure my busa full coverage and they wanted $1,900.00 yearly for my busa canadian funds I couldn't afford that plus even if I was in an accident and damaged the bike I would NEVER put it through insurance the rates would go up so much for my other vehicles it's not worth it in the long run...

Right now I pay 350 bucks a year just for liability but I'm 21 and single so insurance companies don't really like me...even though my record is squeaky clean.

Back