Insurance....yea beating a dead horse

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So I have been sifting through old posts trying to figure out what I should do. Basically, my DMV record leaves a lot to be desired, plus I am 23. So anywho, right now I have had full insurance on my 99, with a 250 on comprehensive (live in an apt complex bike sits in parking lot, vandalism/theft is covered here right?) and 1000 ded on collision. I am thinking about dropping collision, it would lower my payment over 100/month. While I can afford full coverage, I just dont see many scenarios where the 1000 deductible would be worth the 3-5k my bike might be valued at by an insurance company. Flipside I feel like as soon as I drop it I am having an accident :whistle:

What do you all cover? At what point did you drop full coverage? Think I should?

And before you all say it, yes I have shopped insurance, and until I get a few more years between me and some pretty bad mistakes, I am with progressive and paying a lot to ride my toy :) But I knew that going in....:beerchug:

Ahh the benefit of age vs youth...I have full coverage on everything for about 600 a year. Just dont get in any more hot water. It will lighten up eventually. Dropping your coverage isnt a great idea in my opinoin. You might be able to tweak it a little to get a break but going without is asking for trouble

Personally, if I'm riding the bike, I want full coverage with Medical, cause my luck would be I'd wreck after I drop it to liability.

well if you do drop full coverage and you get in an accident just make sure its another insured drivers fault then they will have to pay for it to get fixed:laugh:

My state doesn't require it, I tried to get some but no way I could afford it. My friend pays 250 dollars a year for his insurance on his Honda Shadow 750. I would be willing to pay up to 1200. 43 years old haven't had a ticket in 10 years an haven't had a moving violation almost 20 years. Nothing even close to that exist for me, called them all. Good luck if your bikes sleep outside MAKE SURE you insurance covers it.

I've got operators' ins. So I'm insured for every vehicle I pour into. that's liability only.
But nobody can borrow my uninsured vehicles. Valuable or fincanced vehcls require fire, theft and coll. cheaper.

I can get insurance on my bike. (age, 1 accident not at fault, and location). they want about 5k a year....

I have full medical coverage through work, so thats good enough for me.

as for protecting the bike. I have an alarm, I chain the bike to a post at my house.

Ill get insurance when the insurance companies want my business.

Not something you asked about but watch your credit score too and make sure you keep your credit in great shape. Progressive and Geico both base some of their insurance quotes off your financial liability. The lower your credit score the higher your quote will be since the insurance company consider you a higher risk.

check viking ins if you r record is t problem they are not crazy expensive I pay about $1200.00 a year but have $500.00 deductibles for comp and collision.

Back