State farm insurance people

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
What is the value of the bike you gave them? They are asking me what the value i want for it...

"For the motorcycle I will need to know the value you would like it
insured for. We base our comp coverage on value...this will cover
theft, vandalism and deer "

I have an 05 but maybe i should give them a high value? Im not sure what do you guys recommend. Im getting quotes

Hmmm well ill just give them 8,000 then see what kind of quote i get.

The bike is only blue book at 6,500

They never asked me that ??? I would say blue book value + any extra mods you have. They use that value to determine replacement value if bike is stolen or a total loss in a crash.

When mine was new and I got a quote I told them 11k. Still shows it on my declaration page.

What is the value of the bike you gave them? They are asking me what the value i want for it...

"For the motorcycle I will need to know the value you would like it
insured for. We base our comp coverage on value...this will cover
theft, vandalism and deer "

I have an 05 but maybe i should give them a high value? Im not sure what do you guys recommend. Im getting quotes

Where is your agent located? It doesn't appear that English is their first language? I've never heard of "deer" being listed as a specific coverage either.

He was referring to the mention of "deer" in the value of your policy. Seemed rather odd that they mentioned that by name.

I feel left out, I have SF and am calling today to see if I can add Aligator hitting coverage
:rofl:

They never asked a declared value. I would think they would know what they are insuring or at least have the resources to be in the know.

I wasn't asked that but I was asked if nitrous was equipped on the bike and how much if any I wanted to cover my aftermarket stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They never asked for a value on my 08 until I broke it in half. Even then, they only wanted values for my aftermarket parts so they could come up with a total value. They determined the value of the bike on their own. Never heard of deer coverage though... :laugh:

Back