Insurance made an offer - Keep it or let it go???

Bought mine back after the wreck and bought another one with the check that was left. putting my custom parts and motor into the new used chasis with the clean title and rebuilding a salvage "Frankenstein" bike from the leftovers. This will be sprayed and sold in the spring. Extra cash for more parts :cheerleader:

08's seem to be bout $8k and up on Craigslist...

Just my thoughts. My frame will have to be certified structurally sound to pass inspection and get the title in MA. Cost for that service is about $100.

Check your local laws...

Grump

Took me less than a week with Travelers but I drove them nuts...

wrecked 04.jpg

I fought on the buy back price. Travelers requires salvage yards to bid on the wreck and you pay the average bid. First bid was $925, second was $2000. They showed the bike with my CZ wheels and Galfer brakes on it. The refused to pay me for those parts so I said i was going to yank them off. The knocked $500 the second bid, I wound up paying $1224 to get the wreck back legally.

I fought on the buy back price. Travelers requires salvage yards to bid on the wreck and you pay the average bid. First bid was $925, second was $2000. They showed the bike with my CZ wheels and Galfer brakes on it. The refused to pay me for those parts so I said i was going to yank them off. The knocked $500 the second bid, I wound up paying $1224 to get the wreck back legally.

what a deal :thumbsup:

Sorry gang, been away for awhile and left this thread kinda open. I ended up buying an 09 silver, that has dual titainium Akropovic exhaust, with 469 miles for $10,500 from my local stealership (not the same 09 silver i mentioned previously).

Still have my 08...and still haven't done anything with it yet.

Sorry gang, been away for awhile and left this thread kinda open. I ended up buying an 09 silver, that has dual titainium Akropovic exhaust, with 469 miles for $10,500 from my local stealership (not the same 09 silver i mentioned previously).

Still have my 08...and still haven't done anything with it yet.

Full Akrapovic or slip ons? We'de like to see pics anyway:beerchug:

Back