Insurance Quarrel

bstamper

Registered
So I got my new 08 Dec. 26th. Called the insurance company to have it added. Quote came back at $57 a month. Sounds good hook it up. I'm with Farm Bureau and have been for 9 years. I started w/ them when I was 19 cause I bought a 98 ZX-6R and they gave me a great rate. Anyway, they added the Busa and I paid my first 2 months premiums on time and w/ out issue. So I get a call from my agent on Monday who tells me hey we're going to change the insurance on the bike....OK I say...she said we're going to let Progressive handle it but it'll still be included w/ your bill to us. OK I say again.. I don't care where the insurance comes from as long as I have it. So she sends me over the policy to sign...$57/mo. to $360/mo. I call back thinking its a joke cause I am friends w/ her. She was like nope its not we wont insure that bike. Not only that she says but I have a 2006 Mitsu Eclipse GT on the policy that I've had on for 1.5 years and now all the sudden they (underwriting) wants to change it to "high performance" and raise the rates on it as well. I said OK well i'm gonna be honest with you..i've been with you for 9 years. I insure 2 cars, rental (appt), and my bike for 2 people (me and my girlfriend). She has a clean record and I have 1 accident. As soon as we hang up i'm calling another company. She admited to me that this was way wrong and there was just nothing she could do. So all in all I WAS going to be paying about $300 a month for everything (Included a million dollar umbrella). So I call State Farm and get a quote that comes back $37 a month for the Busa and $360 for everything. Good enough for me. So I call back my agent at farm bureau and basically say you have until Friday to figure this out. She calls back and sure enough I think they are going to fix the issue.

Sorry this is so long. I just found it odd that this company would more or less discriminate against the busa and throw away a customer of 9 years. I explained to my agent I have a $12,000 1300cc bike. Had I bought a $30,000 1300cc Harley you'd have gladly insured it. Anyway, has anyone else ever had anything like that happen to them? Where a company will quote you a rate then decide they either are going to up the price or like in my case just decide not to insure it at all?

no but go with someone else just to
firedevil.gif
em'

I have had this happen a few times, as I pay a year at a time, it turns out they cancel your policy, send you a refund check for the balance of the policy at the original quoted price.. (Middlesex Insurance did this on my homeowners last year)

Agents do not have the final call on policy pricing and it is usually stated in the policy binder.. Annoying? yep , uncommon? not at all, my guy says it happens all the time.. I am sure they lowball a lot of people expecting that they will just pay the difference..

State Farm for me on $500 deductible for full coverage collision/comprehensive/liability cost me $243 a year

dam my 08 busa is like 67 a month the 03 is around 40 a month full cov 300/100/50 and i'am 27 clean record that blows

Farm Bureau in Indiana sucks.Been there over 20 years and I switch my truck and bikes over to State Farm cause they want to charge me 800 a year for a damn cruiser.Made the switch to State Farm when I bought the busa $314 a year full coverage

Dang. I have Farm Bureau and have had it for just under a year. From the beginning, I've felt they lowballed the premium just to get the business, however, I'm paying pretty low dollars at the moment. I don't recall the cost for just the Busa but I recall it being around $30-35/mo, give or take some change.

I've been waiting for the renewal to come up with a major increase. If it happens, I'll be back with State Farm in a heartbeat.

--Wag--

I had liberty mutual for a few years on my truck for 159$ mo.The busa was in cindy's name with me on her ins.(Still with liberty)for like 360$YR for the bike.I called up to add the busa to my policy and they told me they no longer insure hayabusa's.
argue.gif
I called state farm After doing a search here to see what everyone was using and they quoted me 135$mo. for the truck and the busa.I was trying to figure how one co. could be cheaper for both the busa and the truck than just the truck with liberty, One other quote I got was 1900$ yr. for the bike.?
rock.gif

Guy I ride with has had Farm Bureau for years and always at extremely low rates. He bought an 07 a couple of months after I got mine and is paying $29 mo for full coverage. ($69 for me for comprehensive at Progressive). I requested a quote from both Farm Bureau and State Farm last week but then the Missouri ice storm hit and I havn't heard from either company yet. Hope I get some relief soon from somewhere, $800 yr just for liability and theft is nuts.
pillepalle.gif

Yea it was a shocker when I got the news. My agent who i've only known up here for a little over a year out of my 9 years of insurance with them went to bat for me. I overall have been happy with the coverage and the insurance as they handled the one accident I did have extreemly well. Cost them about $14,000 too. So I can understand them wanting to know what that was all about but before you go and cancel a guy...look at the past or something. That was the only auto insurance claim I've ever had in the last 9 years w/ them. Sure it was big but still. Anyway glad to hear i'm not the only one who's been thru this! If I don't hear back from here monday or tuesday i'll switch to State Farm. Be paying about $60 a month more overall but thats better than $300.

I hope you get it straight if that is where you want to stay, I would switch and not think twice about it.
Just think, how many other people are they trying to get over on?
rock.gif
?

Remember, the Mafia sold insurance back in the 30's. Like James Brown, I suppose you could call them the God Father of Insurance?

Oh, and keep in mind too, both Hillary & Barack are going to see to it that you have medical insurance as well and if you have a job, you will be paying for all those who are too lazy to work.

Hillary also says if you don't "Do as I say" I will garnish your wages to collect.

Destroying the "Freedom of choice" seems to be the democratic slogan for 2008!

If I was you I would change company's anyway. They may throw you under the bus if you put a claim in at some point. SO Beware INSURANCE COMPANY will SCREW YOU. Just my 2 Cents.
Jon(Loomis).

Yea it was a shocker when I got the news. My agent who i've only known up here for a little over a year out of my 9 years of insurance with them went to bat for me. I overall have been happy with the coverage and the insurance as they handled the one accident I did have extreemly well. Cost them about $14,000 too. So I can understand them wanting to know what that was all about but before you go and cancel a guy...look at the past or something. That was the only auto insurance claim I've ever had in the last 9 years w/ them. Sure it was big but still. Anyway glad to hear i'm not the only one who's been thru this! If I don't hear back from here monday or tuesday i'll switch to State Farm. Be paying about $60 a month more overall but thats better than $300.
$14,000 is NOTHING to an insurance company. They normally would write the check and walk away, no questions asked.

--Wag--

LOL I have basic covorage because the best rate I could find was over 5k a year!?! I'm in my 30's and havent had a ticket in 10 years. Anyone else get stupid quotes like this?

Thats great info. I too have Farmers (formost), for almost 4 years not for my bike. Luckly each year it has goon down. I also have two houses adn two trucks with them. They have a lot to loose here too! I will keep an eye on them.
Thanks
beerchug.gif

I have been with Farmers for years. Classic cars, house and vtx 1800. Drop the 1800 and add busa and they wanted $3400 a year. Call State Farm. I take 1 car and bring the busa over and it's around $500 a year.
My agents told me some companies specialize in some things and stay away from others. For example....Stae Farm is low on sport bikes but high on boats. Farmers low on boats and stay away from sport bikes.

LOL I have basic covorage because the best rate I could find was over 5k a year!?! I'm in my 30's and havent had a ticket in 10 years. Anyone else get stupid quotes like this?
Been there Criomega! Got a quote from Allstate the other day (have my Homeowners and girlfriends car thru them) and they quoted me somethin in the ballpark of $3200 a year for full coverage.

State Farm was no different. Quoted me $4,800 a year full coverage.

25 yrs old, one accident back in 05. No tickets.

God i hope as i get older the rates start to come down....wait, what am i saying?!?! If hilary or obama get elected, im movin to mexico!

1700.00 is the best i can find,( Farm Bureau ) Iv been with them since i was 16 (20 years) I about fell over since i have not had any tickets or wrecks that have been my fault.  I can not aford to pay that much. the bike may become For Sale if i dont find something cheeper before ridding season !

Back