install clutch slave cylinder question

billb59

Registered
hey all... quick question... installed a new chain and sprockets and had a bud come over that is a mech put my case cover back on and he cracked it... got a new case cover and don't want to crack it and wondered what is the best way to put the cover back on with no problems... could use some good advise...

i have read that tapping the slave cylinder in place with a rubber mallet then installing the bolts from the front is the way to go... all the fuild is drained.

Thanks,
BillB

i have had mine on and off three times,never had a problem with it.
i just worked it back on very easy.

One thing when dealing with 'Cast aluminum' covers,you need to tighten your bolts evenly and an opposite direction so that it doesnt go on cock-eyed...this is a real easy way to crack a cover.....

thanks for the tips and glad to know there is no magic to this or special tool required other than working the bolts on easy... thanks a ton!
smile.gif

You may need or want to releive some presure on the slave clyinder, you can do this by removeing the the resevior cap on handle bar , put a towel over and around it .. in case of any spillage , now slowly push the slave cly. piston back in , now fit the cover back into place , and follow advice above posts .

I've had mine off numerous times and when I put it on, obviously the push rod is already in the engine, I use a little mirror to make SURE the push rod goes directly into the hole on the cylinder. Then just gently but firmly push and wiggle and it will go on without any problems. At least it works well for me.
cool.gif

Back