Clutch slave cylinder

Last edited:
Alright just went back in there and there's a hairline crack on the sprocket cover. Rubb when you're right you're right! Shoulda listened the first time. Gonna go for a billet cover from RCC AND change the hose thank you very much. Appreciate the help I hope it solves the problem.

Alright just went back in there and there's a hairline crack on the sprocket cover. Rubb when you're right you're right! Shoulda listened the first time. Gonna go for a billet cover from RCC AND change the hose thank you very much. Appreciate the help I hope it solves the problem.
You are most welcome. ;) ...and yes,it will solve your problem.:thumbsup: take care on install,read back or post up.
Rubb.

New sprocket cover same problem. Talk about a let down. The Schnitz sprocket cover looks good, and there's no play in the slave cylinder, new line on, but my clutch is still engaging with the slightest pull. Any ideas?
IMG_5166.jpeg

Alright so I got the scoop.
We shall stand by...
Rubb.
Alight so the slave wasn't tight in its fitting. Now that's solved! I talked to the local mechanic and talked about my concern about shifting with minimal clutch pull and he reminded me you can technically shift without the clutch.... so I think that worry was a little unfounded. The upgrade has put me at ease though and the bike is shifting pretty well so I'm happy. Any ideas on further upgrades that won't break the bank?

Alight so the slave wasn't tight in its fitting. Now that's solved! I talked to the local mechanic and talked about my concern about shifting with minimal clutch pull and he reminded me you can technically shift without the clutch.... so I think that worry was a little unfounded. The upgrade has put me at ease though and the bike is shifting pretty well so I'm happy. Any ideas on further upgrades that won't break the bank?
So the slave is tight and not moving now?

You can always get an electronic quick shifter such as Logic Tech or one of the others, I have one and don't need to use the clutch for upshifts...it is a really neat feature and once you get used to it, shifting is quick and smooth.

However I still use the clutch for slower 1st to 2nd shifts as these bikes are known to be a tad sloppy between 1st-2nd and 5th-6th.

Ben just because the Busa's clutch is hydraulic doesn't mean you cant change where it engages. If your still not happy you can mod the lever,try aftermarket levers or change the stack height etc. I've been shifting without the clutch on most of my vehicles for years.It was an' especially handy trick having had knee and foot surgeries on the left leg.(driving the cage was a drag). Once you get anything rolling the clutch is just an' option.LOL.
Rubb.

Back