Slave cylinder cover cracking

nitrobusa

Registered
I have an 01 busa stock clutch stock springs but have cracked two slave cylinder covers now. The first one I had installed aftermarket springs and believed the damage was due to those springs after removing them and reinstalling the stocks have cracked another. No one local has ever seen one crack. Any ideas what is wrong?

sounds like you have the cover in a bind position. Check to see that all surfaces that mate are flat. Also recheck everything in your clutch against the shop manual. Wardie

I would have to agree with wardie. Most likely your not getting the cover seated on the dowels. I've noticed that the cover is kind of a pain when reinstalling. Good luck

it is a snug fit against case but it is possible something is wrong in the clutch I have consulted my manuel several times but who knows...Gotta see if I can have this one welded as it was hell to find the second one!

it is a snug fit against case but it is possible something is wrong in the clutch I have consulted my manuel several times but who knows...Gotta see if I can have this one welded as it was hell to find the second one!
If your cover is cracking, there is something causing the hydraulics to bind!

If you need a new cover i would suggest a PMR, at least, or a slave cylinder brace!

If your cover is cracking, there is something causing the hydraulics to bind!

If you need a new cover i would suggest a PMR, at least, or a slave cylinder brace!

any direction on where to get one or which is better? I have heard of a brace but want the strongest solution I can get. Would rather spend more and get the best fix!

It's a known weak part.
Breaks on it's own sometimes.
Very probable with heavier springs.

Hey:

Welcome!

:welcome:

This is the one I use.
Check some sponsors they have almost the same thing:

Airplane Products

Thanks MIKE!!!:bowdown: this has been driving me nutts! its been a year to afford to rebuild the blown motor... then decided to paint while down and now nickle and dime'in me to death with little problems from being apart so long!

Thanks MIKE!!!:bowdown: this has been driving me nutts! its been a year to afford to rebuild the blown motor... then decided to paint while down and now nickle and dime'in me to death with little problems from being apart so long!

Thats the best place to get one! :beerchug:

I wanna thank you all for some reason all the local dealers are numbskulls! "they had never heard of that cover breaking" lol Hope some day I can return the favor:beerchug:

Back