injectors gen 1

beanerbaego

Registered
howdy y’all.

three days after trouble shooting (and resolving) a major gearing/ ecu map issue, i’ve now stumbled upon a new demon !

i was riding some gorgeous back roads (nothing crazy, just conservative pulls) for about an hour and a half, when all of sudden my engine cuts off . no loud racket or anything of the sort, just merely cut off. my temp range was normal, tank had gas, and no fi light .

i’ve got spark, pump is priming, and fuel is being fed to the rail, but my injectors are not firing ! i’m terribly saddened by this. any suggestions r greatly appreciated:)

Have you checked fuel pressure up to the injector?
Just coz the pump is priming doesn’t mean you’ve got fuel pressure…
If you do have fuel pressure here’s the next step re the injectors…
You need to test for injector pulse at the connector plug (connects to the injector)
Get a noid lamp to do this, fit the lamp to the connector and crank the engine with the starter.
Hit this link for a description of a “noid” lamp if you don’t already know what it is
If there’s no signal at the lamp (lamp flashes) check for continuity from the connector wires to the ECU connector plug at the appropriate wires ( check the wiring diagram)
No continuity? Broken or chaffed wire
Continuity ok… try another ECU.

Last edited:
Have you checked fuel pressure up to the injector?
Just coz the pump is priming doesn’t mean you’ve got fuel pressure…
If you do have fuel pressure here’s the next step re the injectors…
You need to test for injector pulse at the connector plug (connects to the injector)
Get a noid lamp to do this, fit the lamp to the connector and crank the engine with the starter.
Hit this link for a description of a “noid” lamp if you don’t already know what it is
If there’s no signal at the lamp (lamp flashes) check for continuity from the connector wires to the ECU connector plug at the appropriate wires ( check the wiring diagram)
No continuity? Broken or chaffed wire
Continuity ok… try another ECU.
welp . this sounds like it may end up being a bitch . thanks for the two sents gang.

It's only a process of testing and elimination of 'possible' causes.
No different than being a Doctor, and that is not hard these days lol.
dear kiwi rider,

u may begin to refer to me as dr. beanerbaego . i’ve once again resurrected the boosah . it was the fuel pressure regulator ! the retainer clip fell off (i replaced it with a new crispy one) .i appreciate all of y’all’s input, especially u, kiwi, and bumble bee, who are both very active members. i hate to toot my own horn, but im getting nice af at breaking my bike and mending her back to health . shalom.

dear kiwi rider,

u may begin to refer to me as dr. beanerbaego . i’ve once again resurrected the boosah . it was the fuel pressure regulator ! the retainer clip fell off (i replaced it with a new crispy one) .i appreciate all of y’all’s input, especially u, kiwi, and bumble bee, who are both very active members. i hate to toot my own horn, but im getting nice af at breaking my bike and mending her back to health . shalom.
You’re welcome Dr B.
Glad to help in any way I can, within reason lol. Go in peace my friend.

Back