06 Busa, fresh rebuild, turns over, fuel injectors not spraying...

icemansid

Donating Member
Registered
This is poster over at PB but its not getting much attention over there. thought it might throw it out over here...

I am ashamed to even admit it but i am at a total loss. Finally after 2 years of gathering and spending and putting back togehter, I am ready to start my 1397 gen1 back up but it wont start :/

It turns over. in dealer mode, it throw no codes. turn the key on, fuel pump primes. put a test light on injector plug and it has power when the fuel pump primes and when its cranking but never sprays any fuel.

I know the injectors are good - they have been flow tested and cleaned. also tested with another set off a working bike.

I know i have fuel pressure - i checked it with a gauge and it spays fuel every time i swap out the injectors.

all sensors are plugged in, gauge does not flash the FI light or anything strange.

I have swapped ecu for known workng ecu. still nothing. i double checked all the ground. they are good. battery is good with good voltage. bike turns over. going to pull the engine tomorrow and check all my cam timing but any ideas would be great..

yeah. i think i found the issue - intake time was way off - reset and looking much beter now.

well i think i may have found my issue - motor pulled. working on checking the cam timing but i beleive the intake is much too retard. set at TDC and the lobes are nowhere near where they should be on the intake side. not sure how i managed that because i spent a bunch of time setting them and checking and reseting and re-checking.

confirmed. runs now. one thing to note - with full external pump and regulator, you might want to consider moving the fuel pump power from the factory harness to a separate switch or tie it to igniton. it primes and holds pressure for a few seconds and then starts to drop off. if you dont fire right away, it takes a few cranks for it to build pressure back up again. food for thought.

Back