no start-- fuel injectors?

gsxrkenny

Registered
howdy all,

I am new to this site! I will say, i am impressed with how when i typed the title it offset me 45 minutes to read the VERY similar posts.

I have a 2007 busa that I bought wrecked and am in the process of getting back together.

I am getting fuel to the fuel rail cranking at 50psi and spark, however she wont fire. i took the airbox off and dripped gas in her and she fired up momentarily, so i know that itll start when i get whatever is wrong fixed. i want to find out why my injectors arent firing fuel. what an i do to check this?

I read somewhere on here a few days ago that the Busa injectors have a screen on them that is bad about rusting or clogging if they sit for an extended period of time. Might be something to check.

I read somewhere on here a few days ago that the Busa injectors have a screen on them that is bad about rusting or clogging if they sit for an extended period of time. Might be something to check.
That’s on gen 2 injectors. This is a gen 1.

howdy all,

I am new to this site! I will say, i am impressed with how when i typed the title it offset me 45 minutes to read the VERY similar posts.

I have a 2007 busa that I bought wrecked and am in the process of getting back together.

I am getting fuel to the fuel rail cranking at 50psi and spark, however she wont fire. i took the airbox off and dripped gas in her and she fired up momentarily, so i know that itll start when i get whatever is wrong fixed. i want to find out why my injectors arent firing fuel. what an i do to check this?

If you have a power commander on the bike unplug it and see if it starts just running off the ecu.

If you still don’t have fuel, each injector has a yellow wire with a red stripe. With a meter check to make sure you have 12 volts + on each injector.

i read that too... for 99-00 i believe. I am new to hayabusa, which years have an external fuel pump stock

That’s on gen 2 injectors. This is a gen 1.

If you have a power commander on the bike unplug it and see if it starts just running off the ecu.

If you still don’t have fuel, each injector has a yellow wire with a red stripe. With a meter check to make sure you have 12 volts + on each injector.

power is there, however it isnt firing. fuel confirmed at rail. what sensors would cause injectors not to spray when turning over?

did you ever find out why your fuel injectors weren't working
NO , I TOOK A POWER PROBE AND GROUNDED ONE SIDE OF THE INJECTOR AND PUT 12 VOLTS TO THE OTHER TERMINAL AND IT WORKED , I BORROWED A ECM FROM SOMEONE AND IT DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING ! PUT A NEW CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR IN AND NOTHING ! I TRIED MY BEST FOR 2 WEEKS READING THE WIRE DIAGRAM WITH NO LUCK , FUEL PUMP WORKS , IF I PUT FUEL INTO THE FUEL PORTS IT STARTS RIGHT UP ! CAN ANYONE HELP ?

You need to fit a ‘noid light’ to the injector connectors one by one and crank the engine to see if you have injector pulse.
This will verify if you have blocked injectors or an electrical fault.
I TRIED THAT , NO PULSE , NEW ECM , CAMSHAFT SENSOR , CRANKSHAFT SENSOR , NEW BATTERY , NEW SPARK PLUGS , WHEN I PUT THE POWER PROBE TO THE INJECTOR THEY FIRED ! THEY'RE JUST NOT GETTING POWER ! ANY IDEAS OUT THERE ?

Thanks I will check that ! one other thing in a repair manual , it says check your yellow and red stripe wire for voltage ? with my power probe it shows a negative reading , at the fuel pump sensor there's four wires three of them with power on has 12 volts but the yellow and red show negative ? your thoughts ?

I TRIED THAT , NO PULSE , NEW ECM , CAMSHAFT SENSOR , CRANKSHAFT SENSOR , NEW BATTERY , NEW SPARK PLUGS , WHEN I PUT THE POWER PROBE TO THE INJECTOR THEY FIRED ! THEY'RE JUST NOT GETTING POWER ! ANY IDEAS OUT THERE ?
hey red bull thanks for writing back , I was talking to this mechanic today and he mentioned a bad camshaft that's not communicating with the camshaft sensor ? the injectors don't pulse ?

hey red bull thanks for writing back , I was talking to this mechanic today and he mentioned a bad camshaft that's not communicating with the camshaft sensor ? the injectors don't pulse ?
I took my Hayabusa engine and installed it in my dune buggy , I extended all the wires to the dash , ignition , speedo cluster , it did start for a few minute when I finished it and then just died , I tried to restart it , it ran for 5 seconds and that was the last time it ran ! I'm losing my mind !!!

Back