In the Dog House again

Mikey, Mikey Mikey.  Stay out of the Doghouse for a few days will you.  Tell Tammy that you would not really trade things from the way they are.  Those were your words, on how much you love her.  Crab her and give her a big hug and just say sooorrry.  

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Then next time don't be so stupid.  
biggrin.gif
</span>
That's why I love this place.

Ya'll are so straight foward!

Mikey - If Walter heard you, forget about Tammy for the moment.. Apologize to Walter.

I love my boys to death, as I am sure you do.. And yes sometimes it gets a little frustrating with all the demands on us..

But check this out.. The demands placed on us are not crap compared to what most of our wives have to deal with.

Most wife’s handle 3 times the home workload that men do without even batting an eye.

Most of us guys would fail miserably if we had to run and manage a household, I am not saying we could not do it, but we could not do it as well as a woman can. We are good at making money, making kids and grunting a lot. Women are good at everything else, they are awesome at multi tasking, ensuring that everyone’s needs in the household are met.

For the most part all us guys have to do is worry about ourselves.

So, for you to get upset about having to take a cage and make an outward comment about it, you have done the following:

1) If your son heard it, you have just made him feel like your bike and YOUR needs are way more important than his, not good for someone’s self esteem.
2) Your wife might be largely pissed because as a woman she knows number one previously mentioned, remember, women are very protective over their young, they don’t want anyone to hurt there young, and if she perceived your comment might have hurt Walters feelings she is going to get pissed on his behalf and stand up for him.
3) Because women do so much and take care of so much (generally speaking, yes there are women that are not worth a crap, but honestly most are). Once in awhile they need a break. A good woman is usually so giving us guys need to make them take breaks once in awhile, and we especially need to be there for them when they tell us they need a Break.

Us guys are supposed to be head of the household, that doesn’t mean we manage it, that means we keep it under control, we ensure everyone is happy, we are the peace makers and peace keepers and the providers. We need to monitor how everyone is in our household, especially our wives, we need to sense and KNOW when they need a break before they do. And we need to ensure they get that break before they explode.

If we are not doing what we are supposed to be doing as men and fathers and husbands, how can we expect our wives to be able to mange what they are trying to manage as women, wives and mothers.

The burden is on us bro’s to make sure our household is in order. If we are doing what we are SUPPOSED to be doing as men, most wives will WANT to make us happy.

Ok, there is your chastising fore the day Mikey, If you said what you did in front of Walter, take Walter and your wife into a room together, apologize to Walter for maybe making him feel bad, tell him you just brain farted and that you love him very much, and do this in front of your wife and I think things will be ok.

My family comes first, if I am planning on going for a ling bike ride, I ask my wife if she minds.. Am I whipped? Fug NO!! I show my wife the respect she deserves. If she doesn’t want me to ride for some reason, I don’t go, I put her needs and desires first.

You guys want to know what that gets me?

I went to check out a bike club last Saturday night. She didn’t care, I could have been gone all night. As a matter of fact I got in about 11:30 and everyone was sleeping, about 5:30 I had woken up and was on the computer, came back to bed about 5:45 and she woke up, looked at the clock and she said “your home already?†she had thought I just got home. She don’t care. She trusts me and because I show her respect she doesn’t give me a bunch of grief

I told her that I was planning on taking a cruise to San Diego in a few weeks, I figured I would take the twisties to the coast and ride PCH to San Diego and stay there for the weekend, her only comment was “where you going to stay†I said the Navy lodge on North Island†and she said “okâ€

Point is guys, put your wives and family first, and 9 times out of 10, your wife wont give you grief about most things.

Ok, this was one long arse post… hmm RSD will be slamming me for siding with women AND making a long post, Mikey will probably go out and hang himself now because of the long post and everone else’s eyes are now dry and wont close.

Muah ha ha

Peace out hehehehe

Oh thrasher...a man after every woman's heart!
blush.gif

Good write up, but yeah, RSD will probably slam you a bit for getting in touch with the ladies!
smile.gif

Mikey...listen to thrasher...it'll all get better real soon...

Mikey - If Walter heard you, forget about Tammy for the moment.. Apologize to Walter.

I love my boys to death, as I am sure you do.. And yes sometimes it gets a little frustrating with all the demands on us..

But check this out.. The demands placed on us are not crap compared to what most of our wives have to deal with.

Most wife’s handle 3 times the home workload that men do without even batting an eye.

Most of us guys would fail miserably if we had to run and manage a household, I am not saying we could not do it, but we could not do it as well as a woman can. We are good at making money, making kids and grunting a lot. Women are good at everything else, they are awesome at multi tasking, ensuring that everyone’s needs in the household are met.

So, for you to get upset about having to take a cage and make an outward comment about it, you have done the following:

1) If your son heard it, you have just made him feel like your bike and YOUR needs are way more important than his, not good for someone’s self esteem.
2) Your wife might be largely pissed because as a woman she knows number one previously mentioned, remember, women are very protective over their young, they don’t want anyone to hurt there young, and if she perceived your comment might have hurt Walters feelings she is going to get pissed on his behalf and stand up for him.
3) Because women do so much and take care of so much (generally speaking, yes there are women that are not worth a crap, but honestly most are). Once in awhile they need a break. A good woman is usually so giving us guys need to make them take breaks once in awhile, and we especially need to be there for them when they tell us they need a Break.

Us guys are supposed to be head of the household, that doesn’t mean we manage it, that means we keep it under control, we ensure everyone is happy, we are the peace makers and peace keepers and the providers. We need to monitor how everyone is in our household, especially our wives, we need to sense and KNOW when they need a break before they do. And we need to ensure they get that break before they explode.

If we are not doing what we are supposed to be doing as men and fathers and husbands, how can we expect our wives to be able to mange what they are trying to manage as women, wives and mothers.

The burden is on us bro’s to make sure our household is in order. If we are doing what we are SUPPOSED to be doing as men, most wives will WANT to make us happy.

Ok, there is your chastising fore the day Mikey, If you said what you did in front of Walter, take Walter and your wife into a room together, apologize to Walter for maybe making him feel bad, tell him you just brain farted and that you love him very much, and do this in front of your wife and I think things will be ok.

My family comes first, if I am planning on going for a ling bike ride, I ask my wife if she minds.. Am I whipped? Fug NO!! I show my wife the respect she deserves. If she doesn’t want me to ride for some reason, I don’t go, I put her needs and desires first.

I went to check out a bike club last Saturday night. She didn’t care, I could have been gone all night. As a matter of fact I got in about 11:30 and everyone was sleeping, about 5:30 I had woken up and was on the computer, came back to bed about 5:45 and she woke up, looked at the clock and she said “your home already?” she had thought I just got home. She don’t care. She trusts me and because I show her respect she doesn’t give me a bunch of grief

I told her that I was planning on taking a cruise to San Diego in a few weeks, I figured I would take the twisties to the coast and ride PCH to San Diego and stay there for the weekend, her only comment was “where you going to stay” I said the Navy lodge on North Island” and she said “ok”

Point is guys, put your wives and family first, and 9 times out of 10, your wife wont give you grief about most things.

Ok, this was one long arse post… hmm RSD will be slamming me for siding with women AND making a long post, Mikey will probably go out and hang himself now because of the long post and everone else’s eyes are now dry and wont close.

Muah ha ha

Peace out hehehehe
Thrasher,

Your right.

I was wrong.

Now I just have to tell them.

Boy I can sure be a D!ck-head sometimes.

Hey...don't be hard on yourself Mikey...we all do it...nice day, you haven't been riding in a long time, winter's driving you mad (well, maybe not in AZ)...you hated to pass up the opportunity and couldn't help but get upset over it...

I did something similar a few weekends back...hubby came home from Hong Kong wanting to go shopping for new living room furniture. We were going to take the kids, load up in the mondo van (that's my concert/party van's nickname) and head out for the day...just so happens that it was also the first nice day in VA in months, and a Saturday on top of that (we all know how rare that can sometimes be!)...

Anyway, all I did all day was complain that so many bikes were out and we were stuck looking at furniture and that we couldn't ride anyway because of the boys...I could tell that my frustration was getting to my husband, and I'm sure I made him feel bad because he'd been gone for nearly two weeks overseas and all I cared about was riding...

Point is that we all do it at some time...best to say you're sorry and wait for the next nice day to try again...

...or run away from home!
tounge.gif

Hey...don't be hard on yourself Mikey...we all do it...nice day, you haven't been riding in a long time, winter's driving you mad (well, maybe not in AZ)...you hated to pass up the opportunity and couldn't help but get upset over it...

I did something similar a few weekends back...hubby came home from Hong Kong wanting to go shopping for new living room furniture.  We were going to take the kids, load up in the mondo van (that's my concert/party van's nickname) and head out for the day...just so happens that it was also the first nice day in VA in months, and a Saturday on top of that (we all know how rare that can sometimes be!)...

Anyway, all I did all day was complain that so many bikes were out and we were stuck looking at furniture and that we couldn't ride anyway because of the boys...I could tell that my frustration was getting to my husband, and I'm sure I made him feel bad because he'd been gone for nearly two weeks overseas and all I cared about was riding...

Point is that we all do it at some time...best to say you're sorry and wait for the next nice day to try again...

...or run away from home!  
tounge.gif
Thanks Michelle!

I actually was dreading your response.

I guess this post is kinda like a confessional for me.

and unfourtunally "run away from home" is not an option.

You are forgiven my son... God bless you and shut the door when you leave the confessional
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
It will mean a lot to your son to hear it from you. God knows I have had to appologize to my boys more then once that is for sure.

Oh yeah.. me too.. I mean I try not to make mistakes, but when I do, I think it is good for the boys to see their dad (me) step up, take responsibility for my actions and to apologize when it is needed.

It kind of lets them know it is ok to make mistakes, but to accept the responsibility for their actions when they do.

It also helps them ease into the idea that Dad isn’t perfect, it is better for them to grow up being spoon fed that dad isn’t perfect than to think he is all their child life and one day realize he isn’t. That can be devastating.

Sigh....Mikey, Mikey, Mikey.

I won't chastise you bro (shame on ya, Thrasher...
biggrin.gif
), it seems like you've had enough helpings of crow from your fellow members here. You have all the advice you pretty much need from all the Dr. Phil's here....so I won't jump in. What I will say is that at least you're admitting to your mistake, which takes you one step closer to being a better man. Now all ya gotta do is learn from these mistakes....do yer best to prevent them from happening again.

Like Rev said in another topic....chin up, ol' boy! Life is not about the mistakes you made, but how you pick yourself up after each one of them. It takes a big man to realize his mistakes and an even bigger man to be humble enough and accept responsibility for them.

It looks like you have both qualities, Mikey. Now go and do your wife right.

Sigh....Mikey, Mikey, Mikey.  

I won't chastise you bro (shame on ya, Thrasher...
biggrin.gif
 ), it seems like you've had enough helpings of crow from your fellow members here. You have all the advice you pretty much need from all the Dr. Phil's here....so I won't jump in. What I will say is that at least you're admitting to your mistake, which takes you one step closer to being a better man. Now all ya gotta do is learn from these mistakes....do yer best to prevent them from happening again.

Like Rev said in another topic....chin up, ol' boy! Life is not about the mistakes you made, but how you pick yourself up after each one of them. It takes a big man to realize his mistakes and an even bigger man to be humble enough and accept responsibility for them.

It looks like you have both qualities, Mikey. Now go and do your wife right.
Well SOMEBODY had to play bad cop PB, I figured I would
smile.gif

hehe....you know you cool, bro! Just wanted to
poke.gif
atcha fer a little bit! Here, have a smiley on me, bro! External Links Missing

Thanks all you kind hearted, moral compases out there. I got home and apologized to Walter and Tammy. I think we all feel better.
blush.gif

Love you wierdos!
smile.gif

Just remember Mikey...you might get away with that sh*t at home with the family, but don't even try to pull it here! Arggggghhhh!
tounge.gif

I went to check out a bike club last Saturday night. She didn’t care, I could have been gone all night. As a matter of fact I got in about 11:30 and everyone was sleeping, about 5:30 I had woken up and was on the computer, came back to bed about 5:45 and she woke up, looked at the clock and she said “your home already?†she had thought I just got home. She don’t care. She trusts me and because I show her respect she doesn’t give me a bunch of grief

I told her that I was planning on taking a cruise to San Diego in a few weeks, I figured I would take the twisties to the coast and ride PCH to San Diego and stay there for the weekend, her only comment was “where you going to stay†I said the Navy lodge on North Island†and she said “okâ€

Muah ha ha

Peace out hehehehe
Hmmm, somethin's fishy here... Oh! I've got it! Thrasher's wife has stolen his password and is postin' under his name while he's bein' selfish and out ridin'! No freakin' way a dude wrote all this!
laugh.gif

Thrasher, when you get back from ridin', I hope you check this thread and change yer password!
poke.gif

Back