im the worst husband ever....

mynewride

Registered
my wonderful wife got me a new riding jacket for fathers day. she gave it to me tonight. she did her homework and looked at several options before settling on an alpinestar argon wp textile jacket. it was a little over $300. the guy at the shop said its a great all weather jacket with vents to cool in the summer.

problem is she didnt look at the jacket clsoely and it has no vents. i love her to death, but im afraid id cook in the all black jacket with no ventillation at 100+ degrees.

was i an ass by saying i wasnt sure if it would work due to the heat factor. she knows i liked the jacket...but man i really feel bad. i just hope i didnt scare her from trying again. she nailed the gloves perfect and got me a pair of held gloves last year.

any ideas for a great summer jacket that is under $350. im 6'2 and 175lb. im tall and skinny.not sure i need leather for a daily rider, but i know i will be getting a full suit to goto the track someday. help me out here, i hope i didnt just pull the plug out of the boat while at sea.

thanks guys

IM not married and likely never will be, but if I ever am, I plan on messing up WAY more than that.

Been married for 13 years and I still screw up but she loves me for me.I bought a new shift jacket and love it.Its comfortable, versatile and pretty much all weather.Price was right on motorcyclecloseouts.com.

as long as you give her some credit (and some lovin:moon:) for trying, she'd probably rather have you exchange it for something you'll wear more often. then again, in the summer time, you might think about some icon field armor or a vest and gloves.

its more money but damn its good stuff buy yourself a motoport kevlar best synthetic i have had be a whole bunch and I believe i have owned them all over the last 25 years. I have the pants and love them

As long as you show here how grateful you are for the thought:poke: :whistle::whistle: see nothing wrong about taking it back and exchanging it. :laugh:

I am partial to fully perforated leather jackets for hot weather riding. I have a Scorpion Stinger, Alpinestars ATL and Icon Accelerant.

I have a Joe Rocket Alter Ego 3.0, and it's awesome. $260, fleece inner liner, waterproof windbreaker overliner, and the core is a mesh jacket with all the armor. When it gets too hot for the windbreaker part, it has a built-in pouch with elastic straps. Turn it inside out, zip outer shell inside it's pouch, and use the straps to strap it on to wherever is convenient.

I have a Scorpion jacket with removable liner and zippered vents. I believe it's the EXOWear Admiral. $199. With the vents open and the liner out, I keep pretty cool. But then I do live in the Pacific Northwest.

Oh and I screw up like that all the time with my wife. She always seems to understand...in time. :whistle:

I'm sure she will understand as the guy in the shop gave her the wrong information about the vents.

depends on how kinky his wife is. although, that's none of our business. either way, whether it's with whips and chains or wine and roses, show her that you appreciate her spending so much effort trying to find a gift you'd like.

That is an awesome gift and I sure she would rather have you exchange it and be happy with it. :thumbsup:

See will be bummed that she didn't get it perfect but would rather you take it back to get the one that is perfect.
Posted via Mobile Device

Naw, you're good, wives only get mad if you forget important dates like Anniversaries and birthdays, just ask my husband :laugh:

First, in 100 degree weather, you DO NOT want vents...they'll make you warmer, not cooler.

As for the jacket/wife thing, be honest about the whole deal. If she knows you appreciate the effort, that's all that should matter. Nothing wrong with statin' the facts. It's no different than if she got the wrong size...if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

My girl and I once bought each other PDA's for Christmas...turned out that we liked the one's we gave better than the ones we got...so we traded! :laugh: True story.

In my house, it is a known fact that I DO NOT want anything purchased as gift that involves sizing or selection of features - I'm THAT particular. This is why God created gift cards. :)

I have a perf joe rrocket and it zips to my leather pants for track riding

I am partial to fully perforated leather jackets for hot weather riding. I have a Scorpion Stinger, Alpinestars ATL and Icon Accelerant.

Speaking as a wife, I'd much rather know that I got the "wrong" jacket and why. It's way worse if you don't wear it and she notices and thinks you just don't like it.

Back