I'm pissed at Power Commander

TulBusa

Donating Member
Registered
Why the hell would Power Commander sell the PCIIIr with a lowsy 9 pin serial port cable when both my desktop AND laptop require a USB cable. Both computers are a couple of years old at least. The FAQ said I now have to go buy an adapter from the 9 pin to USB. Why don't they just send the cable that would work or why wouldn't they just supply the frickin adapter?...hell, I'd pay a few extra bucks just to have the adapter and not have to now leave my house in the middle of it all to buy the dam thing! I guess I'm heading to Radio Shack....blaaaaaa

I hate when that happens!
mad.gif

because that is what you get with the PC3R!

if you wanted the USB version, you should have bought the PC3-USB.

baaa.gif

So I take it the USB is more conventional, right? Sorry to hear about the mishap there Bro

only advantage of the pc3r is ability to adjust timing.... which is not needed on most bikes, typicly used for turbos and lots of nitrous.

I think we're looking at a BDE Hindle deal. The PCIIIr comes with that system. I'm guessing Brock adds timing with his maps, thus needing the r version. Can someone confirm that. I'll go ahead and call him in the morning and find out. If not, I'm getting ready to sell a PCIIIr and getting a PCusb.

if your just adding the pipe, then timing changes not needed.

alot of racers like the serial version since you can hook it up to nearly any palm pilot to swap out maps

SETTLE DOWN! Go to radio shack , Best Buy, Circuit City etc and get a USB to Serial Port adapter. Walk in with $10 or $12 dollars and walk out with a handy adapter and happy
wink.gif
There are even some ( like mine) that have LED's on them that show activity so you know your peripheral and PC are talking. USB cords don't have that
cool.gif

pc3's serials came out YEARS ago.

usbs are only about 2 years old. almost all the PC3's serials have been discontinued in place of usb's.
you cry because it is not updated, like your new puter, I see you like new puter's but other stuff you like outdated?

Give me a break!!!!!!!!! in todays day of technology like you can't get around that little bump.

You did here me cry because the usb comes with a 1 foot cord (worthless when mapping on a dyno) guess what I ghot off my lazy azz and went to the store and bought a longer one.
Damm quit crying and get what you need.

What kind of computers do you own that don't have serial ports? I know USB is the standard but it's still hard to imagine a computer without one. My desktop is 2 weeks old and it has TWO 9 pin serial ports, my Toshiba laptop has one and even my Jornada 820 has one...hell my 1980 TRS-80 Model III has one.
smile.gif

What kind of computers do you own that don't have serial ports?  I know USB is the standard but it's still hard to imagine a computer without one.  My desktop is 2 weeks old and it has TWO 9 pin serial ports, my Toshiba laptop has one and even my Jornada 820 has one...hell my 1980 TRS-80 Model III has one.
smile.gif
My Toshiba Satellite I bought last year did not come with a serial port. I was told they were phasing them out. That's how I knew about the adapter
cool.gif

haha...dang you guys are harsh on a man that just wants to complain...haha

I had a PCusb with my R6 and it was a piece of cake to use. I was just unaware that the "R" version was like this.

I went to Radio Shack and the only think they had was an adaptor that has a 6ft cable and it was $40!!!!! All I need is the adapter, I'll have to check around for better pricing as I don't need the long cable.

I think we're looking at a BDE Hindle deal.  The PCIIIr comes with that system.  I'm guessing Brock adds timing with his maps, thus needing the r version.  Can someone confirm that.[/QUOTE]

Yes, my BDE maps have added timing!

Back