Laptop to Power Commander Problem

6gear

Registered
I have a new laptop that has usb ports only but my PCII uses a 9 pin serial, I got an adapter and installed the drivers and computer says the cable is working fine. When I connect to PCII I get a message saying "Controller Not Currently Available". I am using power commander version 2.7.8.22 and Windows XP. I have tried this with the M/C not running and key on and with M/C running.

Motorcycle has to be on but try it in differnt ports. I had the same thing happen with me and i had to try a different port

You have to make sure you're connected to the "CONFIGURED" port, that should be it.:)

I have tried Auto Select and each other port several times and still got the same results

6gear, The USB devices use up open ports... I presume that the PC software is not scanning the entire range of ports. Why dont you free up some ports between 1 - 9 and then reassign the converter to one of those ports and try again
smile.gif

6gear, The USB devices use up open ports... I presume that the PC software is not scanning the entire range of ports. Why dont you free up some ports between 1 - 9 and then reassign the converter to one of those ports and try again
smile.gif
The pc2 is not a USB device I dont think, and when I loaded my software on my laptop, auto select would not work,I had to manually choose the port.

I had the exact same problem with my PCII.  It didn't matter what I did or how I set up the ports manually it would not work.  I installed all the drivers correctly but still nothing.  The absolute only way to get it to work was to borrow my friends computer that had a serial connection.  Then it worked great. You might have to go that route if possible.

I used a usb device on my. there is an option to scan for ports try that also go into the settings to make sure all the ports are funtioning correctly. You can also see if there are any driver updates

6gear did you get it to work yet?
I haven't messed with it any more, I am not sure the other version 3.0.9.0 will work but may have to try it. I work with a computer nerd and he thinks he can configure the right port. Porbably won't try it untill this weekend.

Does the PCIII USB offer any more tuning options then the PCII?

Just noticed this topic. We're having the same problem out here trying to get the PC2 and the Laptop to interface. No Serial ports on this laptop, so not being able to do it. We'll be trying with another older laptop with serial ports.

I have a new laptop that has usb ports only but my PCII uses a 9 pin serial, I got an adapter and installed the drivers and computer says the cable is working fine. When I connect to PCII I get a message saying "Controller Not Currently Available". I am using power commander version 2.7.8.22 and Windows XP. I have tried this with the M/C not running and key on and with M/C running.
Just noticed this topic. We're having the same problem out here trying to get the PC2 and the Laptop to interface. No Serial ports on this laptop, so not being able to do it. We'll be trying with another older laptop with serial ports, like *gsx1300r_1999* did.

When you first start your bike is there a connection and then it is lost or is there just no connection. I had a similar problem, when the bike started I could see the map about 2 seconds then lost connection. It would not let me load a map or anything, finally I unistalle dthe commander from the bike and just used the 9 volt battery to load the map. I never did figure out what the problem was.

When you first start your bike is there a connection and then it is lost or is there just no connection. I had a similar problem, when the bike started I could see the map about 2 seconds  then lost connection. It would not let me load a map or anything, finally I unistalle dthe commander from the bike and just used the 9 volt battery to load the map. I never did figure out what the problem was.
Never got a connection, I installed a map from a co-workers laptop with serial ports about a year ago with no problems. Since then I had it dynoed and it showed to be running about 12.2 AF which I think may be a little rich. Bought my first laptop and was realy wanting to make this thing work, I also plan on doing some tuning on my LS1 powered truck when I get the software for it.

Back