Illegal immigrants sue Wendys

What a bunch a crap !

SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif

immigrants.jpg

SHOCKED.gif

BROOME:  I did not. All of my clients entered this country under various different means.  But what they have in common is the fact that they took advantage of a government process that allowed them to fill out an application to pay their money and to become legal, legally residing in this country. And the only reason that they are not right now as legally in this country as you and I is because a company and the lawyers they hired simply missed a filing deadline. If they had received the paperwork and processed it the way that they were supposed to, they would all be here as legally as you and I would.  

CARLSON:  I got that and I put that in the opening script. Our viewers are fully aware of that. It doesn’t change anything though. The implication of what you’re saying is that Wendy’s somehow has an obligation, a moral and apparently a legal obligation to help illegals who sneak into this country illegally, become citizens. How does that work exactly?

BROOME:  I did not say that. Wendy’s decided voluntarily, and it was actually a Wendy’s company called Cafe Express, decided voluntarily that they would go to their employees and they would sponsor them to become residents of this country.  Once they took on that duty themselves, they had a duty to do it correctly and they missed the deadline.  

CARLSON:  They have a duty to illegal aliens to make them legal citizens.  

BROOME:  A duty to their workers.  

CARLSON:  That’s Wendy’s duty?

BROOME:  A duty to their workers.

CARLSON: To illegal alien workers.  

BROOME:  These were workers that Wendy’s was benefiting from their work every day and they decided to sponsor them. The company decided to sponsor them and once the company took that duty on they should have done it correctly. And when you hire a lawyer, don’t you expect him not to miss a deadline?  

CARLSON:  You know if I sneak into somebody else’s country and get all the benefits of it and really in the end pose a burden to that country, it’s hard to imagine suing an employer in that country for not making me a legal citizen. But quickly, how much are you asking, how much does Wendy’s owe these people?  

BROOME:  That’s a question for the jury to decide.  But let me pose the question to you.  How much is your U.S. citizenship worth to you?  

CARLSON:  They are not U.S. citizens.  

BROOME:  I’ll answer it this way.  I’ll tell you this, my U.S. citizenship is worth a lot to me and if I lived in this country for five years, which my clients did and I woke up one day and someone knocked on my door and told me that I was not going to be a U.S. citizen any more...

CARLSON:  If you want to come here legally, you should wait in line like everyone else.

BROOME:  Which they did.

CARLSON:  No they didn’t, they snuck in.  Thank you. I appreciate your joining us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
That reminds me of ignorant cagers who say motorcyclist should stay stuck in traffic along with everyone else and get mad when we split lanes. In most states that's illegal, but most here would be ticked off if we heard some cager knocked over a motorcyclist by opening his door and got away with it because the motorcyclist shouldn't have been lane-splitting to begin with. Most cagers don't think about the fact we have no AC, most have no radio, we can't pass time by chatting on the cell phone, and holding that clutch for "x" amount of time is a pain ... literally ... not to mention the fact that most sportbike overheat easily. Even without the cellphone, clutch, radio, and over-heating factors, nature will take its course. Half-hour in traffic in Miami's 90 degree weather while wearing your gear and sucking down the someone's exhaust fumes may cause one to pass out. In some cases, our significant other rides a bike. Imagine if (s)he was 5 minutes away from blacking out, decided to split lanes, and someone decided to open the door on him/her because they felt it wasn't their duty to let him/her pass ... how would you feel if you were told by the police, "well (s)he should have waited like everyone else".

In short we, as human-beings, do what we have to do to look out for our own well-being. And if someone tries to prevent us from doing so, we have the tendancy to take matters into our own hands. Wrong or right, good or bad ... it doesn't matter. Because in the end the one person that will always lookout for you, is you.

I hope this happens everywhere.
Then people will WAKE UP and quit hiring them. Let them F themselves that way!

the country HAS NO direction. that's some of the problem. trying to please everyone all at once, like that one girl in high school with the identity crisis: she hung with every different style of group she could to be thier friend and had little time for each of them, no one really knew her or cared, so in the end she killed herself. just like this country is doing. yeah, weird analogy but fits.

We're too greedy, too selfish, too politically correct. I try to do my part by not being that way, but laws are laws - usually they are bent too far nowdays to mean anything anymore

Shame on Wendys for hiring them in the first place. If we would quit hiring them UNTIL they are legal, They may be forced into entering legally in the first place. That would still be wishful thinking.

(KoK-LoL @ Oct. 11 2006,09:03) Shame on Wendys for hiring them in the first place. If we would quit hiring them UNTIL they are legal, They may be forced into entering legally in the first place. That would still be wishful thinking.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but the reason they (in general, not just Wendy's) hire them is so that they can make money honestly. Could you imagine what the crime rate would be like in California if nobody hired aliens? Its already high as it is.

I'm in tuned with this because I live in Miami, Florida and we hear about this stuff all the time with the Haitians and Cubans that come here. If they have to wait until they are legal to get a job, which can be at least one year, they'll have to find other ways to support themselves as well as their families. Without a legit job they'll have no choice but to turn to crime.

The fact is this is the greatest country in the world. The opportunities here are far and beyond the ones found in Mexico, Cuba, and Haiti. We want what's best for our families as do they.

Again, I see where you're coming from. I'm just expaining why employers hire ailiens.

What's the Problem, Well
wink.gif
did ya know that 90% of ALL practicing Attorneys in the WORLD, live in the good old USA
laugh.gif
. Kinda makes you wonder who is doing what to who
rock.gif

ices_rofl.gif
iamwithstupid.gif

The conversation between the author of the article and the blood-sucking idiot of a lawyer is priceless!
laugh.gif

As stupid as he sounds, watch, he'll win the case...
all_coholic.gif

Illegal aliens want driver's licenses.
Illegal aliens want to sue.
etc....

Its just soo completely ridiculous. ILLEGAL aliens should be hiding in fear of being kicked out of the US. But they actually came forward to sue??

How about this, anytime ANYONE identifies themself as an illegal alien, we arrest/verify their illegal status/and throw them back over the fence.

(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 11 2006,09:58) Illegal aliens want driver's licenses.
Illegal aliens want to sue.
etc....

Its just soo completely ridiculous.  ILLEGAL aliens should be hiding in fear of being kicked out of the US.  But they actually came forward to sue??

How about this, anytime ANYONE identifies themself as an illegal alien, we arrest/verify their illegal status/and throw them back over the fence.
Yes, now there is the simple solution...
Deport their a$$...
It will be most difficult to maintain a lawsuit from across the Border...
Problem solved...
What the Illegal immigrants should be reminded of, is that they do not have any legal rights, and are not protected by the Constitution...
However, I agree that they do have Human rights, and should therefor be treated in a Humane fashion, while being processed and then deported...
super.gif

David

If it becomes legal to be an illegal immigrant then I think all other laws should become moot as well. Why should we "legal immigrants" obey the laws of the land if the illegals don't have to?

What's the point in "playing the game" when there are no rules?

I went through the process of naturalization and became a citizen the legal way. Does this mean that was a total waste of time? If so, I want the money and time back that I spent getting a good education, obtaining business visas, green cards, social security numbers, driving licenses, vehicle registration, visiting government offices etc. etc.

I also want all my taxes refunded, apparently I didn't need to pay anything, I could've just sneaked across the border with impunity.

We have overcame and will continue to do so. We as a people can overcome anything and everything bar one. Bigotry. For it will forever live in the souls of those who factitiously call themselves "men".
-Anonymous-

Even in a new millenium some still carry the attitudes of some of those in the 60's. If only I had a dollar for everytime someone told me to go back to Africa ...
all_coholic.gif

(Spigga @ Oct. 11 2006,10:12) We have overcame and will continue to do so. We as a people can overcome anything and everything bar one. Bigotry. For it will forever live in the souls of those who factitiously call themselves "men".
-Anonymous-

Even in a new millenium some still carry the attitudes of some of those in the 60's. If only I had a dollar for everytime someone told me to go back to Africa ...
all_coholic.gif
I'm just curious...
Are you a Citizen?
How long have you lived in the US...
Were you born here or did you come here from elsewhere?

David

(Spigga @ Oct. 11 2006,08:12) We have overcame and will continue to do so. We as a people can overcome anything and everything bar one. Bigotry. For it will forever live in the souls of those who factitiously call themselves "men".
-Anonymous-

all_coholic.gif
Dude you're comparing apples to oranges.

Slaves brought over from Africa were just that, SLAVES. They were brought here AGAINST their will and forced to live here. When they were freed, they paid TAXES among many other things that benefitted this country.

Illegal aliens do NOT pay taxes. Illegal aliens are using gov services that are for citizens who pay taxes.

The only Bigotry I see here is what you posted in your thread. Not trying to bash you, just offering a different opinion.

(Devious @ Oct. 11 2006,11:18)
(Spigga @ Oct. 11 2006,10:12) We have overcame and will continue to do so. We as a people can overcome anything and everything bar one. Bigotry. For it will forever live in the souls of those who factitiously call themselves "men".
-Anonymous-

all_coholic.gif
I'm just curious...
Are you a Citizen?
How long have you lived in the US...
Were you born here or did you come here from elsewhere?

David
Born in Puerto Rico .. yup natural citizen. Been living here all but 1 year of my life.

(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 11 2006,11:25)
(Spigga @ Oct. 11 2006,08:12) We have overcame and will continue to do so. We as a people can overcome anything and everything bar one. Bigotry. For it will forever live in the souls of those who factitiously call themselves "men".
-Anonymous-

all_coholic.gif

Slaves brought over from Africa were just that, SLAVES.  They were brought here AGAINST their will and forced to live here.  When they were freed, they paid TAXES among many other things that benefitted this country.

Illegal aliens do NOT pay taxes.  Illegal aliens are using gov services that are for citizens who pay taxes.

The only Bigotry I see here is what you posted in your thread.  Not trying to bash you, just offering a different opinion.
If the government is issuing them a check, you'd better believe Uncle Sam is getting his due. If they are being paid cash, then of course they're not paying taxes ... hell ... neither would I. And though many here won't 'fess up to it, neither would they.

PS ... I've never been a slave so how can I go "back" to a country I've never been to? I wasn't speaking about slaves, I was speaking about me. ~I~ have been told to go back to Africa on numerous occasions. Many of my black friends who were born here have been told the same. Many of my haitian friends who ARE citizens have been told the same. I'm not talking about slaves, I'm talking about modern day bigotry.

Serenity prayer:
"God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference."

We can sit here and go on and on about this, but I'm done. I've accepted America for what it is and what it's becoming. If it gets to a point where I can't stand it, I'll either become a politician and make a change, or consider the kitchen too hot and leave. But one thing I will never do is pitch a fit and complain about it on a motorcycle website. (If you choose to do so, then go for it. I'm not knocking that. I'm just saying Spigga believes in actions over words.) I can't stand the way Bush is running this country ... but I accept it. I hate the fact that I feel we have lost 1000's of soldiers in a needless war ... but I don't come here ranting about it. Even when the topic comes up I don't post to it. We had/have a section here called "The War In Iraq" ... not once did I ever post there. Why ... ? ... cause it'll do no good.

This is modern day natural selection at its best. Those that can adapt ... will. Those who can't ... oh well ...

(Spigga @ Oct. 11 2006,09:01)
(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 11 2006,11:25)
-Anonymous-

all_coholic.gif

Slaves brought over from Africa were just that, SLAVES.  They were brought here AGAINST their will and forced to live here.  When they were freed, they paid TAXES among many other things that benefitted this country.

Illegal aliens do NOT pay taxes.  Illegal aliens are using gov services that are for citizens who pay taxes.

The only Bigotry I see here is what you posted in your thread.  Not trying to bash you, just offering a different opinion.
If the government is issuing them a check, you'd better believe Uncle Sam is getting his due. If they are being paid cash, then of course they're not paying taxes ... hell ... neither would I. And though many here won't 'fess up to it, neither would they.

PS ... I've never been a slave so how can I go "back" to a country I've never been to? I wasn't speaking about slaves, I was speaking about me. ~I~ have been told to go back to Africa on numerous occasions. Many of my black friends who were born here have been told the same. Many of my haitian friends who ARE citizens have been told the same. I'm not talking about slaves, I'm talking about modern day bigotry.

Serenity prayer:
"God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference."

We can sit here and go on and on about this, but I'm done. I've accepted America for what it is and what it's becoming. If it gets to a point where I can't stand it, I'll either become a politician and make a change, or consider the kitchen too hot and leave. But one thing I will never do is pitch a fit and complain about it on a motorcycle website. (If you choose to do so, then go for it. I'm not knocking that. I'm just saying Spigga believes in actions over words.) I can't stand the way Bush is running this country ... but I accept it. I hate the fact that I feel we have lost 1000's of soldiers in a needless war ... but I don't come here ranting about it. Even when the topic comes up I don't post to it. We had/have a section here called "The War In Iraq" ... not once did I ever post there. Why ... ? ... cause it'll do no good.

This is modern day natural selection at its best. Those that can adapt ... will. Those who can't ... oh well ...
I assumed that since you brought up the fact that some people have told you to go back to Africa, that you were comparing the people brought over here from Africa to the people illegally crossing our boarders today.

I think the people that have told you to go back to Africa are Bigots.  But those of us who feel that illegals, that take from the system and don't pay into the system, shouldn't be here aren't bigots.  We just don't want to pay for someone(anyone else) else's free ride.

Remember illegal aliens are ANYONE who enters this country.  Whether they're from Central America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, etc...

it seems wendys is allways the one getting picked on to be sued all the time.
this is just not right.

(Charlesbusa @ Oct. 11 2006,10:58) How about this, anytime ANYONE identifies themself as an illegal alien, we arrest/verify their illegal status/and throw them back over the fence.
ices_rofl.gif
Killing me!!!

Back