Idiot drivers play'in games

Handgrenades is the ultimate sign to stay the hell away. Plus when they go of its one hella show.

i carry a pocket full of ball bearings

(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 25 2007,14:14) Pull off and let the tailgater go.

Providing you have enough room. Don't underestimate some cagers ability to hit you. They can do it intentionally or accidently and in the end, they'll probably get away with it. It's best to be proactive and treat all cagers like morons. Plan on them pulling out in front of you and have a plan of action to protect yourself (look for escape routes and around/behind you incase you gave to brake). And by all means, check your mirrors often. I've trained myself to scan my mirrors every 3 seconds. It's not hard to get this into your subconcious. Things could be alright one moment and in the next there could be some stooges(s) racing their car up to you or just flying around traffic. Best to see it early enough so you can distance yourself, or even use another car as a sheild of sorts.

But even if it means speeding, it's best to keep cages at a distance as much as possible. Obviously you can't ride like Ghost Rider all the time, but trying to stay out of clumps of traffic or having cars alongside you or on top of you will extend your life. And if you ever do have someone driving agressive getting close to you, THEN make like Ghost Rider and split. If it's in a neighborhood, get some safe distance and turn off. If on a highway, fly till the next exit ramp or, as a last resort, use another car as a sheild. Yes this does break the law and worst case scenario have you deal with the police. Well lawyers fee's are easier to pay then funeral bills or hospital bills while dealing with lost limbs, ability to walk, etc. You could be a nice law abiding citizen and let yourself be at the mercy of some stranger driving stupid next to you or right on top of you from behind. Reality is, that's not playing it safe at all.

And while I said, use a gun while stopped as a last resort, I MEAN as a last resort. Not in terms of leading some fools to somewhere secluded to take care of them. For all you know they may have guns too. And they do have a big cage they can still try to hit you with. It would be ideal to have witnesses around but if your trapped you have to take action to protect your life and quick.

Despite all the stories of busting mirrors, windsheilds, or shooting cars up, using that sportbike's ability is really the best method you can use.
super.gif

I would have drove faster , But the front tire is REAL bad. I shouldnt have been doing 70... There was gravel on the edge of the road , so I couldnt pull any closer to the edge.. I just figured the car is being used as a weapon so why shouldnt I use mine..?
argue.gif

its not worth using a weapon. I used to carry my Glock all the time, had a bad temper, and realized that it wasnt worth going to prison for some jerks actions, and not being with my 2 daughters as they grew up. I have stopped carring my weapon, and just tried not to lose my temper. just my 2 cents worth.
smile.gif

Unless you are trapped with no chance of escape don't do
it. I say just drop on em' and let em see your tail lights
dissapear.

The Heel of Your Boot can leave a Nice Dent in Most Vehicle. God know's while riding in San Francisco Years Ago. I left My Mark.........................
SHOCKED.gif

I guess I'm just not over the last idiot that hit me 20 years ago.. They kept going ( never found out who it was ) ( A person stopped and gave me a ride home, It was Hulk Hogans Race car Driver) .. Now I am getting back into riding and here we go again( Well thats what went thru my head this time when the car was my lane..) not a good feeling. I was a Military POPO once and I might ask the Sheriff to put me on the Reserves, then when some idiot does it again , I could hit'em with everything in the book..

(PocketRocket @ Sep. 25 2007,20:16) I guess I'm just not over the last idiot that hit me 20 years ago.. They kept going ( never  found out who it was )  ( A person stopped and gave me a ride home, It was Hulk Hogans Race car Driver) .. Now I am getting back into riding and  here we go again( Well thats what went thru my head this time when the car was my lane..)  not a good feeling.  I was a Military POPO once and I might ask the Sheriff to put me on the Reserves, then when some idiot  does it again  , I could hit'em with everything in the book..
Carry a pocket full of marbles. You see this is for self defense. If you feel that your life is threatened, drop a handful of marbles to defend yourself. The agressor will back off.

Ride like your invisable, out run them, and if all else fails and your life is in danger, use your Glock 19's 15+ rounds of RCBS +P+ ammo at 2000 fps, to hold them off till back up arrives. Hypathetically speaking, of course, as a strickly defensive measure. Despute resolution needs a cool thought process.

I guess your options were limited to cracking the throttle and putting some distance between you and the cager. Carrying a pistol is not a good idea for obvious reasons. Pretty much like others said I would have opened the distance between me and the driver and pulled off at the first opportunity. The best thing is to know the road and be able to maximize your bikes performance on it to evade danger.

SHOCKED.gif
This thread scares me...I've been riding 44 years and I don't think I have ever had any one intentionally harrass me. Usually when I notice someone following too closely I just give the slow down signal with my left hand and they realize how close they are and back off.

I try to play nice with cagers...they have a definite advantage in size.

I commute to work almost every day on a bike (45 miles each way). I don't think a day goes by that someone in a car doesn't do something stupid. I just get out of their way and let them roll on.

Instead of marbles I recommend ball bearings or pennies... Hard to prove you dropped a bunch of pennies or marbles... Or just pull off and get their plate and call the cops and report them as a possible dui and maybe that they made a threatening gesture... Usually gets them pulled over, searched and sometimes ticketed... But it definitely causes them a delay.

Well we here at the US Postal service have switched over to paint ball guns. They get the person's attention, scare the heck out of them, and cause no real harm. But you can still get arrested fot it.

cool.gif

(proud dad @ Sep. 26 2007,08:35) RPG
ICBM!

I have the hump mod so it fits in the back!  
AAAssjani.gif

(OK, I really don't have the hump mod...

... I carry it in a backpack...  
poke.gif
)

rant.gif

(To the OP...) Joking aside this is dumb.  I respect that you (or anyone) are worried about others, but even considering this option is an a$$hole move that is most likely going to get you killed faster than riding a bike.

Some others said it earlier, you don't pull a gun unless you are intent on using it, and you shoot to kill, not to wound.  Is that worth it?  "Just shooting his car" is probably the most stupid cowboy thing I have ever heard of.  It worked out well for those guys here in Dallas... one of them is going to go to trial for assualt with a deadly weapon, assault with intent to kill, and god knows what else.  One of his buddies plea bargained for a lesser sentence against him.  The cager is facing potential criminal charges for vehicular assault, and the guy who actually had something happen to him?  Started it with a kick to someones quarter panel, before the cage driver flipped him over the median for kicking his car.

The resolution is that you don't start stuff you can't finish, and most of these road rage incidents end up with someone dying, or at best assault charges and jail time/probation.  Is that worth it?  When did assault become the next viable option to leaving the situation alone?

Ride your bike.  F**k the gun.

rant.gif

rant.gif

A jerk was screwing around with my brother on the interstate for a while , long suffering as he is, he got tired of it and brandished his .38 revolver. The idiot took off never to bee seen again!

Back