Idiot drivers play'in games

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Man 20 years ago A truck hit me on the interstate . and I am just getting the itch to ride again.. I had the bike out maybe 3 times since I got it , about month or so ago.. Yesterday evening I was headed out to teach class. and some Fool was on my rear on a 2 lane road.. I was do'in 70 in a 35 .. Then another Idiot was up ahead and came in my lane 5 feet .. I had to get over.. I think I'll start wearing my 9mm on my chest...A black riding vest and a black pistol will match nicely.....Someone said "Maybe they knew you and were play'in.. I'd say no! I only had the bike out 3 times and with gear on no-one can see who you are..Plus I keep a low profile on where I am going and who knows me and what I have .. Low profile is a good thing.. So do ya think a 9mm would match nice with the riding gear.. Extreme shock ammo #1
guns.gif

Don't pull it, if you aint gonn use it!!!

Just take some breathing classes and blow it off next time it happens, just not worth it, bro.
race.gif

I find that people like to play with bikes for some strange reason, but don't relize the danger that they put us in we have no protection around us.
I think the .40 cal will go good as well
super.gif

There is the thingy under your right hand, pull it back for a few seconds and they will all go away.

I used to carry rivet heads in my jacket, big 1/2 lb. rivet heads cut off of box cars. Toss one of those over your shoulder and they will back off. I remember one time taking my gas cap (the old screw off kind) and throwing it, big mistake...I had to buy another gas cap. I agree a .40 S&W will do the trick, I prefer .38 Super Auto loaded with +P+. But don't pull it unless you mean to use it. The availability of cell phones can make you the subject of an APB within minutes. can you say ADW? Best to get away from them one way of the other.

I complained about this at a toll booth one day to an attendant and she said, "Don't you have a pocket full of pea gravel?" Now that was novel......

anyway she must have called ahead, OSP dropped in behind me 2 minutes later and pulled the car and myself over. He wanted my story on how long this "idiot" had been riding my tail.. Go figure.. he was on my side
smile.gif

My normal strategy is the same as I taught new truck drivers, open up the space in front of you and allow for their lack of margin in yours.

(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 25 2007,14:14) Pull off and let the tailgater go.
I had a similar incedent about 21 years ago riding home at night and some idiots in a pickup were tailgating me without their lights on. So I opened up and got away then turned in to a school.

When they got to the school they pulled in to the parking lot and I took off leaving them behind and I did not stop till I was home.

Needless to say they were looking for trouble and on a bike you have no chance so...

Yes a .40 would be nice to carry.

guns.gif

(twotonevert @ Sep. 25 2007,13:26) Go .40, more punch and more accurate than the .45 ACP.  
firedevil.gif
Calibers are NOT more or less accurate than other calibers. Individual firearms, individual shooters, and specific loads may be more accurate than others.

.40s are a good compromise of size and power. I'd be comfortable with most chamberings in .380ACP or more powerful in a reliable handgun.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd hate to have to answer this question in court-"You were riding the world's fastest production motorcycle. Why did you choose to shoot an innocent man instead of escaping?"

Karl

(Rhythm @ Sep. 25 2007,13:27) Don't pull it, if you aint gonn use it!!!

Just take some breathing classes and blow it off next time it happens, just not worth it, bro.  
race.gif
ya got that right. we just buried a friend last month.
"cowboy" local president of the dixie riders. seems
he pulled out his piece to scare off some guys. they
left and came back with assault rifles and took him out.
all this was over $20.

Pullin out the heater is a GREAT idea....

1) they whip the wheel in your direction, sendin you off into the shoulder(if applicable)
2) they pull out theirs and now what?!?!
3) +P+flies out, hits said knobber, who then goes across the median and head ons some soccer mom taking the team to Chucky Cheese after the big game...

Sounds great to me! Sign me up!........NOT

Just flip em off, choke the throttle and share the story later over a Cap'n & Coke.

(PocketRocket @ Sep. 25 2007,13:20) Man 20 years ago A truck hit me on the interstate . and I am just getting the itch to ride again.. I had the bike out maybe 3 times since I got it , about month or so ago.. Yesterday evening I was headed out to teach class. and some Fool was on my rear on a 2 lane road.. I was do'in 70 in a 35 .. Then another Idiot was up ahead and came in my lane 5 feet .. I had to get over.. I think I'll start wearing my 9mm on my chest...A black riding vest and a black pistol will match nicely.....Someone said "Maybe they knew you and were play'in.. I'd say no! I only had the bike out 3 times and with gear on no-one can see who you are..Plus I keep a low profile on where I am going and who knows me and what I have .. Low profile is a good thing.. So do ya think a 9mm would match nice with the riding gear.. Extreme shock ammo #1
guns.gif

Theres idiots everywhere. It's most likely you'll meet them on the road. Tellin you right now the only time you want to use a Gun is as a last resort when your stopped. Be it at a light or pulled over in a parking lot after getting them off your ass. Keep in mind they're already driving a 3000+pound bullet and even if you do pull in one in a million headshot on them, if their last reflex floors the car or turns the wheel into you, your still dead.

I've had many encounters with morons in fart canned civics, mustangs, pickups, junkers of various sorts, and even some very well tuned cars. If i decided they were getting left behind, then they got left behind. Forget roll on contests with high power cars having a squid on a bike play their game. Bike drops the hammer, starts weaving around traffic and taking curves, I pity the cage that tries to keep up. And if the cops see this going on, cager is most likely gonna be the one dealing with them with the bike disappearing.

This is why i don't believe in going fast only at a track. While you don't go full out on the road (unless you need to in incidents like this) it's good to go out at low traffic times on some of your favorite routes and gradually see how the roads feel at higher speeds. Find, memorize, and occasionally ride on alternate routes too which could be used as escape. If you ever do have to evade a cager, make like Ghost Rider and get out of there ASAP. On a bike your only defense is your OFFENSE. I've kicked doors and thrown stuff at windsheilds before. Got a container of pepper spray which can make their driving difficult after if goes through their grill, air duct system. It's best just to give it all and leave them.

(COLDSTONE1298 @ Sep. 25 2007,17:35) Got a container of pepper spray which can make their driving difficult after if goes through their grill, air duct system. It's best just to give it all and leave them.
I like the pepper spray option I forgot about that. High speed evacuation is my first option though.

Back