I HATE WA drivers!!!

TruWrecks

Banned
Today was the first day I took my FJR to work. This is the forth time I have been able to ride since surgery. It was almost my last.

I was in the carpool lane matching the speed of a truck about 200 ft in front of me. The rest of the freeway started slowing down on a nice long stretch of I-5, as it always does here. The left lane almost stopped and a Prius with two young ladies pulled out right after the truck passed them. They weren't in any hurry to speed up. The ground was a bit wet so I tried to break smoothly. As I got closer I felt the ABS starting to chatter as my front wheel began to slide. I pointed the bike to the left and aimed between the Prius and the concrete wall. I don't know how, but the FJR fit. About the time I was right beside the car I knew I was close to matching their speed so I let go of the brake and got back on the throttle and laid on the horn.

The one time I didn't use the modulated headlights (it was still too dark when I got on the freeway) I needed them. Tomorrow I will not make that mistake again. I would rather someone mistake me for an emergency vehicle than roll the dice on these dumb drivers!

This did not set a good mood for me today. I am greatful that I was aware enough to not hit the Prius, and find the room I needed to avoid the impact all together.

:rant:

P.S. No skid marks in the shorts. I don't want to discuss the rest. :banghead:

Sorry 2 hear man, but I'm glad you made it out ok. Here in NJ, I've got plenty of stories to match that one... Hopefully all your future rides go alot smoother! :beerchug:

Great save..you never gave up and made it :thumbsup: How do you feel about the ABS in this situation. Did it help?

Wow, glad you are ok! Stupid lady probably had no idea that she put you in any kind of danger. God I would love to b*tch slap some people some times. Then take their car keys and throw them in the river. :rulez:

Sorry 2 hear man, but I'm glad you made it out ok. Here in NJ, I've got plenty of stories to match that one... Hopefully all your future rides go alot smoother! :beerchug:

Yeah, NJ people def don't like looking out for motorcycles, but at least some of the new inspection stickers have the "Look out for Motorcycle" tip on the back, but who really looks at those anyway?

Yea, I feel your pain. SC has the 2nd most deadly roads in the country. I don't remember what #1 was.
Posted via Mobile Device

Today was the first day I took my FJR to work. This is the forth time I have been able to ride since surgery. It was almost my last.

I was in the carpool lane matching the speed of a truck about 200 ft in front of me. The rest of the freeway started slowing down on a nice long stretch of I-5, as it always does here. The left lane almost stopped and a Prius with two young ladies pulled out right after the truck passed them. They weren't in any hurry to speed up. The ground was a bit wet so I tried to break smoothly. As I got closer I felt the ABS starting to chatter as my front wheel began to slide. I pointed the bike to the left and aimed between the Prius and the concrete wall. I don't know how, but the FJR fit. About the time I was right beside the car I knew I was close to matching their speed so I let go of the brake and got back on the throttle and laid on the horn.

The one time I didn't use the modulated headlights (it was still too dark when I got on the freeway) I needed them. Tomorrow I will not make that mistake again. I would rather someone mistake me for an emergency vehicle than roll the dice on these dumb drivers!

This did not set a good mood for me today. I am greatful that I was aware enough to not hit the Prius, and find the room I needed to avoid the impact all together.

:rant:

P.S. No skid marks in the shorts. I don't want to discuss the rest. :banghead:

I feel for you. I also travel down I-5 from Camano Island to Seattle and I have my share of close call motorist travelling the far left side of the freeway and cutting to merge on the Carpool lane. I have gotten used to it though. I know that when traffic starting to slows down, I stay as far to the left of my lane as possible to avoid and to see any car attempting to merge without notice. Modulator would be nice. I notice since I switched my headlight to HID I have few closs call. What part of state are you coming from? Stay safe.

Today wasn't any better than yesterday, but it was my own fault. I remembered the modulator even though it was too dark when I started my ride this morning. Traffic wasn't as bad either.

That didn't stop me from dropping my FJR in my driveway because I grabbed the front brake too much while turning it around in my driveway. I let it go when I knew it was beyond the point of no return. Getting it back off the ground wasn't too hard just using my legs to push, and my hands to guide. I'm sure the neighbors probably didn't like the few choice words I'm pretty sure I said. Now I have scratches in the bags, fairing and mirror body, and a sore lower back. :banghead: It was my own stupid fault. I would have been fine if I backed up another 12in before making the turn out of the driveway. The only upside is that the plastics didn't crack.

Maybe someone is telling me to wait a bit longer before I ride. :( I know I won't be riding tomorrow. I still have to ride home though.

Well the FJR is a bit worse for the wear, but nothing is broken. Scratches all the through the paint were the damage for the tip over. I didn't ride yesterday or today. I feel like I've been body slammed on my back. Everything has been tense since Wed morning.

I'm taking this week as a friendly reminder not to ride for a bit longer. I will be tucking the FJR back in and covering it with it's blankie and a battery tender this weekend.

Just one of those spells we go through, Bro! Wait till the bad mood passes and you don't feel that negative energy...wait for the positive energy (excitement to ride) return. Scary how fast something can go wrong...glad to hear you didn't go down...2hip

Back