Idea's/help from electrical and/or electronics guru...re: ultrasonic machine

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Hello dudes. Scored this cool little ultrasonic cleaner. Would like to use it for small parts(ex carb parts) and cleaning jewellery,my false teeth,(kiddin),etc.

a.jpg

Here's the tuff part that we may or may not achieve victory at. Its designed for non North American use. It runs on 220/240V.

c.jpg

and has a funky plug...

b.jpg

So a buddy suggests the obvious. Go buy...why is it always "just go buy" anyway, a converter plug that goes into a N.Amer plug accepts the funky plug and good to go. Questions are,the unit wants 240V the converter will dumb it down to 120V like yer wife needs to power her hair dryer while on vacation in Europe.
Will the unit function properly on 120V? If so,I could go that route.
What I'm thinking (stop it,I know:laugh:) is there a way to change the wiring,plug also of course to make it work without an' adaptor?
Is the plug switch already cutting voltage in half?

d.jpg

Here's the board. Anything I can do?

e.jpg

Does it all get knocked down to 10A 12V ?

Whatcha think boyz...
eye brow.gif
Thanks for pondering and offering up an idea,
Rubb.

f.jpg

It says it supports 240 @ 60 hz. Just get a 240 plug and go that route. I wouldn't expect it to run on 120v.

Is the plug switch already cutting voltage in half?

That plug does not have a transformer in it. That switch, from the wiring in back, is just a switch and cannot cut the voltage.

Does it all get knocked down to 10A 12V ?

That Songle unit that you highlighted is a relay that is activated by a 12V DC signal. I do not know what voltage is on its power side. It is likely not DC but a high voltage AC signal going to the transducer that is in the tank (not shown in the pic but follow the wires.)

Will the unit function properly on 120V?

No.

The labels on the relay are the maximum AC or DC voltage and current that it can handle and are of no indicator as to the type of power flowing through it in this application.

Ruhbah, if you have an electrical clothes dryer it is possible you have a 240V outlet in your Casa.

Your incoming distribution panel may also have 240V available.

If so you need a bit of simple wiring.

Otherwise you need one of these:

2000 Watt Voltage Converter Transformer by LiteFuze - Step Up/Down - 110V/220V - Circuit Breaker Protection -Heavy Duty/ - Convertingbox Technology - LT Series - Perfect for Coffee Maker https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08158QFGL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NMAOFbHCTMG4K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Do not try to convert this to 110. It will blow up. It is set to the proper voltage as is. There are multiple converters etc in that. It is designed to run on the higher voltage.

It says it supports 240 @ 60 hz. Just get a 240 plug and go that route. I wouldn't expect it to run on 120v.
Thanks Dennis. I always try and ask before doing if i am unsure about something. Trial and error is fine for somethings,not high voltage. Buddy has a shop on his property where i will end up wrenching out of. It has a sub panel with 240. I'll just cut the cord,put on a N.American plug. Thanks.
It's all too hard Rubb . . . just box it up and send it straight to Kiwi Land, we are all good to go here with 240V and the 'funky' plug as you incorrectly called it.
:laugh: :popcorn:

View attachment 1629186
If it wasn't a recent gift,I would mail it to you my island brother. It wasn't a Birthday present or anything,just a gift from somebody who had it and couldn't be bothered to make it work.
That plug does not have a transformer in it. That switch, from the wiring in back, is just a switch and cannot cut the voltage.

That Songle unit that you highlighted is a relay that is activated by a 12V DC signal. I do not know what voltage is on its power side. It is likely not DC but a high voltage AC signal going to the transducer that is in the tank (not shown in the pic but follow the wires.)

No.

The labels on the relay are the maximum AC or DC voltage and current that it can handle and are of no indicator as to the type of power flowing through it in this application.
HW I knew you would have me covered on this. :thumbsup: If there was a "qwik-fix" I figured you would know. Plus I learn from you. Thanks.
Ruhbah, if you have an electrical clothes dryer it is possible you have a 240V outlet in your Casa.

Your incoming distribution panel may also have 240V available.

If so you need a bit of simple wiring.

Otherwise you need one of these:

2000 Watt Voltage Converter Transformer by LiteFuze - Step Up/Down - 110V/220V - Circuit Breaker Protection -Heavy Duty/ - Convertingbox Technology - LT Series - Perfect for Coffee Maker https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08158QFGL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NMAOFbHCTMG4K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Ya Jelly,I'll just put the right plug on the end of the cord. Where its going to go for use has welders and compressors running on 240V just a matter of making the plug fit an' outlet that looks like this...

surface_4_wire_414238020.jpg

Thats the norm for things like clothes dryers in Canada as you suggested,thanks.
Ha ha wot he said lol
No...you cant have my new toy...:p
Doh... Beat me to it.
Same here..
You either...:laugh:
Do not try to convert this to 110. It will blow up. It is set to the proper voltage as is. There are multiple converters etc in that. It is designed to run on the higher voltage.
Thanks Viper. For a second I thought...I can "Tim Taylor" this. Then I thought no...do what I always do,ask a buddy,or reach out to my Org Bro's.

Some comedy and technical stuff, might help...and he's from up in your territory!
BOOM...:fire: :laugh:
Thanks all,
Rubb.

Back