Calling All electrical guru's.. (ie: baehrusa.com

gtoinlv

Registered
Hey, get my bussa on Monday. I'm interested in Baehrusa's Communications system found at Baehrusa.com Their top of the line unit is 8 X 2 X 1 inches. WILL THIS FIT UNDER THE SEAT? It's a great unit... the Ultra XL I want to have a cell phone, radar detector, MP3 player, and radio (bike to bike) hooked up to it. It can be set to give precedence to any signal that you want.. for example for me it would be the radar LOL! So if you were listening to music and your radar went off it immediate cuts the volume on the music so that you hear the radar. The whole idea has me very excited. But my primary goals are to have a very CLEAN installation w/o wires everywhere. Basically I am going to have a mount for my radar and MP3 player that goes into the 13mm center post w/ a power lead for my radar that goes to the battery and an audio cable that runs back to the intercom unit. Plus an audio cable from the MP3 player to the intercom unit. Not quite sure what I want to do yet with the cord that goes from helmet to intercom for both rider and passenger. It would be neat to maybe flush mount them somewhere for each person to"plug into" similar to a Goldwing etc etc.

HERE IS WHERE I NEED SOME HELP... In order to use the bike to bike radio you must install a button somewhere convenient that you can press when you want to send a "comm" As you all know the '04 'Bussa has a new "passing trigger" on the left that turns on your high beams when depressed. I want to be able to use that trigger as my switch to send a radio comm. I actually could care less about using it to switch on the high beams.

WELL AM I CRAZY OR WHAT?
rock.gif
AM I IN OVER MY HEAD OR DOES THIS SOUND DOABLE?

uh.... why replace teh high bean, we you can just add another switch for 3$ down at radioshack?

How much does that whole system cost? Got to love the concept for sure... My only big concern is how heavy is the helmet and is it snell rated?

Got to stay with weight and safety first...

Cloud

You don't have to use their helemts.. you just install the equipment inside of your exisiting helmets. I know I could just buy a switch (actually it comes with one) but I thought it would be cool to use the yellow trigger on the left for that purpose.

Wow, that sounds like a nifty unit ! I can't say it will fit under seat .. sounds maybe a bit too long.

But if you want to use the yellow pass switch for this purpose just open up the switchblock, I'm pretty sure it will be solid state inside though .. which means you're better off adding a switch somewhere else .. check it out anyways, you may be surprised ;)

Back