I wanna be like BulletTrain

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
Can some of you camera gurru's Playa suggest to a broke down Pimp what would be a decent camera under $300 that would come close to the quality photos Chris (BulletTrain) so willingly teases us with ?

Can some of you camera gurru's Playa suggest to a broke down Pimp what would be a decent camera under $300 that would come close to the quality photos Chris (BulletTrain) so willingly teases us with ?
The SD300/SD400/SD500 from Canon makes excellent shots. I have the SD500 and it does great. Here's a few shots from it...

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

Several of the modern digicams will achieve these results, but you gotta have the pimp ass camera skills to get this from them.
biggrin.gif

Several of the modern digicams will achieve these results, but you gotta have the pimp ass camera skills to get this from them. [/QUOTE]

Oh schnapples ! That shid lQQks pretty damn tight,C. For under $300 I can be Pimpn some nice shots like that, huh ?

I like the ones from my HP945, right around 300ish .... I'm saving to get a 20D and get back into doing some more professional photography stuff, however this HP does well and has some features that others in the same price range dont... check out dp review.com if you really want to research things out a bit. They have sample pics, all the unbiased info, etc

good luck on your search pimp! I know it wont be long after you get one that you'll have it all rigged for on the fly pics to document the rest of that map you are trying to cover
cool.gif
PS probably riding to next years Cyclefest if you are up for it
cool.gif

cool.gif

Several of the modern digicams will achieve these results, but you gotta have the pimp ass camera skills to get this from them.

Oh schnapples ! That shid lQQks pretty damn tight,C. For under $300 I can be Pimpn some nice shots like that, huh ?[/QUOTE]
The SD300 should be very reasonably priced if it's still available and it won't hog memory cards like the SD500 does. For internet posting the SD300 would be an awesome camera. I still occasionally print some of my stuff when I luck up and get something really nice so I usually spring for higher resolution in case I want to go big with a print.

This is going to be a wall hanger... It was done with the 350D for my ridin' bro. He wanted a shot good enough to print so we played around one evening taking shots.
wink.gif

IMG_0263.jpg

I know how to increase your bank, ya broke down playa! See, go to the corner of 5th and main, look for a guy named "Big Butch", Tell him you need some money, and the rest will follow.

P.S. Don't forget the lube, Trust me!
tounge.gif

As for cameras, I haven't the slightest idea.

<!--EDIT|yamahor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130021295 -->

I know how to increase your bank, ya broke down playa! See, go to the corner of 5th and main, look for a guy named "Big Butch", Tell him you need some money, and the rest will follow.

tounge.gif
Sounds like you're speakin' from experience on the lube...
eek2.gif

zukracer
Hayabusa Legend

Group: Forum Moderator
Avg posts/day:2.41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like the ones from my HP945, right around 300ish .... I'm saving to get a 20D and get back into doing some more professional photography stuff, however this HP does well and has some features that others in the same price range dont... check out dp review.com if you really want to research things out a bit. They have sample pics, all the unbiased info, etc

good luck on your search pimp! I know it wont be long after you get one that you'll have it all rigged for on the fly pics to document the rest of that map you are trying to cover PS probably riding to next years Cyclefest if you are up for it [/QUOTE]

How could I forget. Your camera shots of the trip came out
very nice, Brian, and thank for the input.

Your riding your Busa next year or are tou going to be a trailer queen again, and I'll be sure not to leave anything of mine in your possesion, because I know you wont mail .
tounge.gif

BulletTrain
Team Green

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:13.94
Location: About to pass you on the inside... Posted: Oct. 22 2005,15:47

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (yamahor @ Oct. 22 2005,18:47)

[/QUOTE]

laugh.gif
Fuggn fudge pack'r

BulletTrain
Team Green

Location: About to pass you on the inside...     Posted: Oct. 22 2005,15:47  

laugh.gif
Fuggn fudge pack'r[/QUOTE]
Hey, I just thought I'd remind you. Remember last time.........
wow.gif

BulletTrain
Team Green

laugh.gif
Fuggn fudge pack'r
Hey, I just thought I'd remind you. Remember last time.........
wow.gif
[/QUOTE]
and on that note, I feel REALLY dirty.

The SD300 does take some nice shots. If the weather clears up this weekend I'll take some with mine. I like the SD300 because of its size. I take it wherever I go and leave the G5 at home for the big stuff. Don't know what it goes for these days, but I paid about 3 bills for it around 7 months ago.

yamahor
Seasoned Pilot

Avg posts/day:3.47

Quote (Rhythm @ Oct. 22 2005,15:52)
BulletTrain
Team Green

Fuggn fudge pack'r

Hey, I just thought I'd remind you. Remember last time.........   [/QUOTE]
At Band camp, u dropped the bar of soap !
laugh.gif
No, but I heard about it (yuk).

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130021993 -->

BigBSBusa
Just Another 'Busa Lover!

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:13.75
Location: Fightin' the War on Terror     Posted: Oct. 22 2005,15:56  

The SD300 does take some nice shots.  If the weather clears up this weekend I'll take some with mine.  I like the SD300 because of its size.  I take it wherever I go and leave the G5 at home for the big stuff.  Don't know what it goes for these days, but I paid about 3 bills for it around 7 months ago.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ken,Brain and Bulletrain !  
super.gif

geeze, broke down man, just plain messed up.... not my fault your mailman wanted those more than anyone else.... I already told ya I'd send you mine
sad.gif

I'll be rubbing your face in it, til I get my dayyumm banner.
laugh.gif

Back