Dragon Closed-Alt Rides?

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
So a couple of buddies and I were planning a trip from Western New York down to the Dragon this summer. Since it looks like the Dragon might be closed, I was hoping that folks in that area might suggest some other nice rides. Any suggestions? Routes, names of towns, etc--anything to help us locate them on a map would be helpful!! THANK!:thumbsup:

look at hwy 28 (moonshiners run) I think it whats it called. It runs from the tail end of the dragon (NC/TN border) south towards a town called highlands. Of course there is the cherhola skyway (no dragon) but a nice ride (hwy 163 in TN..same area). Further north you have a bunch of options as well but I'll let someone from up there speak to those. Continuing south you have blood mountain by blairsville (hwy 60 to suches, nice ride) and then hwy 2/52 from ellijay to chatsworth GA...great ride as well. hmmmm...what else...ok, well thats all I got for now I guess. :beerchug:

There are TONS of rides down there, check out Dealsgap.com, they have some of the other routes already mapped out. Cherohala Skyway is awesome - sweepers galore. Devils Triangle, 28, just pick a road there, you won't be disappointed!

Even if the dragon is closed you can spend several days down in that area with many good roads to ride. When i go down the only time i run the dragon is to get to other roads to run.

why not come to the bash in april with a buncha busa nuts :beerchug:

Back