Cancelled Travel Plans for the Dragon

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
My job isn't going to let me off for the Bash, that's the old news. I had planned a trip to the Dragon in the beginning of the month when I could get time off. With the Dragon being closed, and other rock slides in the Smokey's this year, I've decided to take a 5 day tour of Arkansas instead. The time will be split between Mountain Home (the Little Dragon) and Eureka Springs (the Pig Trail). So if there are any locals to those area's, maybe we can meet up.

They didn't go for it when you told them 5 days off would keep the homicidal thoughts at bay ?

Hey Dennis look at this way.....a different new journey awaits you this year. Should be beautiful there at this time of the year.

Enjoy your upcoming trip between the Lil' Dragon & the Pig Tail and be safe. :thumbsup:

My job isn't going to let me off for the Bash, that's the old news. I had planned a trip to the Dragon in the beginning of the month when I could get time off. With the Dragon being closed, and other rock slides in the Smokey's this year, I've decided to take a 5 day tour of Arkansas instead. The time will be split between Mountain Home (the Little Dragon) and Eureka Springs (the Pig Trail). So if there are any locals to those area's, maybe we can meet up.
Let me know when you are heading down, I may be able to hang out with you a bit. I am about 1.5 hrs from Mountain Home.

STL -> Mountain Home on April 5. Spending the day riding in that area on April 6. Mountain Home -> Eureka Springs on April 7. I'll be in Eureka Springs -> STL April 10

I should be here..... Will have to see how it goes with work.

You will be sorely missed at the Bash Dennis! No sashquatch sitings! Hope the Midwest MnG dates work for you too.

That sucks, I am not sure I understood the above, are you making the Eureka meet/greet?

That sucks, I am not sure I understood the above, are you making the Eureka meet/greet?

yes, he and Trish will be there...this is in place of an earlier trip he had planned to NC in April since he wasn't going to be able to make it to the Bash

sorry you won't make it to the Dragon but you are going to be playing on some mighty good roads regardless :beerchug:

Dont be to disapointed, Arkansas has some awesome roads, theres a reason I go 10 hours every year to get there, the pig trail and dragon and surrounding roads are just incredible

I dont think there is a straight road down there

Dont be to disapointed, Arkansas has some awesome roads, theres a reason I go 10 hours every year to get there, the pig trail and dragon and surrounding roads are just incredible

I dont think there is a straight road down there

I go to AR 4-5 times a year riding. I usually only make Deals Gap once.

Last edited:
Well, I tried to take this trip. I wasn't 1/2 way to Mountain Home on Monday when the work phone started ringing. By noon Tuesday I was headed back home and into the office. I got some video from the short excursion.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have turned off the work phone and told them that you in an area that doesn't have coverage :poke:

No Push Mountain?

Made it to the hotel in Mountain Home. Spent 1/2 the night and all morning Tuesday working of fixing breakage caused by our customer making unannounced changes Monday morning. Finally ended up leaving at noon to come back. Spent all day yesterday and today updating applications to work with their changes.

You should have turned off the work phone and told them that you in an area that doesn't have coverage :poke:

I guess I'm too dedicated. Our busy time starts 4/19 and runs for 8 weeks. We aren't allowed to take vacation during that time. I told the boss he owes me 3 days off and I'm taking them in May. Hallet here I come.

Back