Dragon Closed 'til Sept 1st!

So youre saying you're gonna be too slow to keep up this year Chris? and you're giving us excuses ahead of time too! How thoughtful..:poke::poke::rofl::rofl:

Nah, the 1k is easier on my back than the busa was (plus has more HP :) ). I'm even bringing a new set of knee pucks to wear through, just for the occasion. I know the area fairly well and the areas that you CAN NOT CRASH IN (or your dead)! (ie mi 10 skyway, (the wall) on 28 about 10 turns down from CROT, "the wall" at tapco, etc).

My concern (it's the RN in me) is about the new riders to the area. The dragon is curvy with a speed limit of 30. It can be done easily at 60 or over (in most spots). But the 30mph kind of keeps things in check, sort of.

However if the dragon is closed, people will shift to the 55mph roads. I'm concerned that people will ASSUME that double that speed is within the margins of safety. In Flordia (with 11 curves in 318 miles :poke:) that is not an issue. In the NC mtns it can easily be deadly.

The skyway just starts to get fun at about a buck twenty I freely admit. But in some spots 120 will KILL (or seriously mess up a great day). I'm just worried that people will under-estimate safety, just because the "dangerous dragon" might be closed.

Although Lycan, I'd ride wingman for you anytime brother. :beerchug:

Chris

Nah, the 1k is easier on my back than the busa was (plus has more HP :) ). I'm even bringing a new set of knee pucks to wear through, just for the occasion. I know the area fairly well and the areas that you CAN NOT CRASH IN (or your dead)! (ie mi 10 skyway, (the wall) on 28 about 10 turns down from CROT, "the wall" at tapco, etc).

My concern (it's the RN in me) is about the new riders to the area. The dragon is curvy with a speed limit of 30. It can be done easily at 60 or over (in most spots). But the 30mph kind of keeps things in check, sort of.

However if the dragon is closed, people will shift to the 55mph roads. I'm concerned that people will ASSUME that double that speed is within the margins of safety. In Flordia (with 11 curves in 318 miles :poke:) that is not an issue. In the NC mtns it can easily be deadly.

The skyway just starts to get fun at about a buck twenty I freely admit. But in some spots 120 will KILL (or seriously mess up a great day). I'm just worried that people will under-estimate safety, just because the "dangerous dragon" might be closed.

Although Lycan, I'd ride wingman for you anytime brother. :beerchug:

Chris

And Ill ride with you again...as your wing man speedy!:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to riding with everyone again. It's been over a year and it's long over due.

Cheers,
Chris

I don't get it, what does a dollar and 2 dimes have to do with this Skyway? is that the entrance fee like a lift ticket or something? :whistle:

Always a concern with riders going down - seems to happen every year - and I was one one time :banghead:

regular milk, 2%, 1 %, skim, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry .... I assume you want good ole fashioned whole milk with such a lovely cupcake :)

I remember riding with you Chris on the Skyway! Wow! A dollar and a few dimes...a few pennies too! That was at the 08 bash on the Busa! Now you are riding the 1k.....GONE!

Back