I think i need a dyno tune

hemi

Registered
after installing brocks full system street meg, bmc race filter, and pcv the bike still idles a little funny sometimes. The idle will fluctuate occasionally, but other times idles 100% fine. Other than that it screams. Talked to my dealer and he thought for sure it was the map, same with powercommander, they thought definitely it was the map also after i told him i already re-calibrated the throttle postion sensor. Installed the map from powercommanders website just to try it out and still did the same. I have went over everything and all checks out ok, last thing that could be the issue is the powercommander settings. Gonna try to find a place near columbus, ohio that does dyno tuning. Not that big of a deal and i don't really notice it anymore, but with a custom tune that can change all the fuel/ settings which i think is causing it, plus i'm sure it would run a hell of a lot better

With the set-up you're running....nothing but good things will come from getting a custom tune completed. :thumbsup:

I can email you my map ?
Why not try that ?
PM me your email and I'll attach it .
Then you can load it onto your bike an give it a run ?
Betcha that'll fix it :)

One thing I forgot is that my bike has an XTRE on it .
Not sure how that will come into play but again it cant hurt to try it.

I emailed it to you just now.
Let me know how she runs

You can also open the map file you have and adjust the numbers in the idle range.
If you are not sure how to do that you can go to Pwr cmndr website and open up a live chat
with them and they will walk you thru it. J

If it is a Brock system... Call Brock! ;)

I thought everybody knew that?:thumbsup:

After all of those mods, you DO need a custom map.
Why would you spend that much money and not spend a little more to complete the job you started.
Anybody else's map will get you close, but all bikes are different and you need YOUR own map.
Just my $.02

I did call brock and talked to ej. He didn't seem to think my problem was map related what so ever. When i first called right after installing the system and the idle was acting funny, ej didn't seem to know what the cause was and suggested calling power commander, did that and they were sure it was a mapping issue. Just gonna deal with it for now, not that big of a deal i guess.

Of course nothing beats a custom map for your own bike but try my map for a few and let us know .
I bet it runs better than now :)

Last edited:
Back