idle hanging up after full exhaust install, need help

hemi

Registered
installed brocks street meg, pcv with brocks map, and bmc race filter last night. Overall she's running awesome, but the idle is hanging up sometimes. When coming to a stop and pull in the clutch, the rpm will drop to 1500 and stay there for 3 or 4 seconds before dropping down to normal idle at 1100 rpm, any ideas?

would the throttle position sensor wire from the pc be the cause? I crimped it to the wire described in the pc directions, the pink/black wire. Maybe i just need to run the bike a bit so it can get used to the new system?

yeah i did the pair mod and glanced over the vacuum lines, everything looked ok. Took it out again last night and it wasn't doing it as much. Not gonna worry about it for now, hopefully it will clear up after a little riding as she gets used to the new system

yeah, plenty of play in the cables. Just took it out and it was doing it again. Checked all vacuum hoses around air box, checked wire tap from pcv and it's making a solid connection. Maybe i'm just being overly paranoid and it did this before and i just didn't notice until now? Can't find anything wrong, and the pc is hooked up correctly. Think the bike just needs to adjust? Haven't had a chance since i put it on to ride over 20 miles, just short little trips to the gas station and back

It sounds fuel or air related, so I would look towards the PCV as the issue. Did you hook the injector connections to the lower ones? Did you load the map or someone else? If everything is good on those then I would try unhooking the PCV and see if it still does it.

i'm registered on the brocks forum, but it won't let me access the post for some reason. I did hook up the laptop to the pcv with the bike running, just at idle the throttle was at 100%. Re-calibrated it and it was showing 0 throttle at idle. Took it out and it still did it. I'm thinkin maybe it's just the pc adjusting the fuel/air ratio as the idle fluctuates. It only does it randomly, only reason i notice it does it when i come to a stop, is there is a slight buzz from the bike bc it idles down to about 1300rpm for a few seconds. Maybe it did this before and i just didn't notice until i got the full system and it's breathing much better. Does the pc make the idle fluctuate more than running the stock setup with no pc

As any downloaded fuel map is pretty hit n miss :whistle: I'd have your A/F checked and adjusted and all should be good :rulez:
Just a quick note ............. if you have balanced throttle bodies you will need to have base idles reset (SDS tool) Also ICS would need to be held stable whilst balancing. :beerchug:

Back