idle

teamorion22

Registered
i have set my bike to idle at about 1100rpm. i have recently noticed that the rpm changes from 1100 up to 1500 or so. the fast idle lever is in the off position. when i am at a stop light and i notice it idling to fast i will rev up the bike and sometimes it goes back to 1100. sometimes it will stay too high and then maybe at the next light it will be at 1100. this has been happening pretty frequently. what do you guys think?
thanks
michael

Try lubing the throttle cable and the linkage on the throttle bodies :beerchug:

How many miles you got on her? Might want to consider checking the sync...

she has almost 23k on her. i'll do some work on her tonight and this weekend and hopefully find out exactly what is going on. thanks for the advice.

Have you ever had/done a sync? Not trying to ask a silly question, but they are supposed to be done at 7500 and the Valve Clearances are every 15k

I have seen a lot of scoots at 20k+ and never been sync'd.

she has almost 23k on her. i'll do some work on her tonight and this weekend and hopefully find out exactly what is going on. thanks for the advice.

If the throttle cables are adjusted too tight the idle can surge up when the bars are turned.???

Mine bounced around a bit too.
I set the idle to 1400 rpm and it stays steady, and it also keeps up the oil pressure (as indicated by my gauge).

Clutch position effects rpm also. Maybe thats what your noticing. While in nuetral pull in your clutch and take note of the rpm, then do the same with the clutch lever out.

I remember I thought my bike was acting up when if first got it years ago becuase the rpm was jumping up and down. Maybe this will help if not good luck with diagnosing.

Back