HELP Needed Please Busa won't Idle when cold

Hayabusa133

Registered
Hey guys, I have a 2006 Busa with PCV (Brocks strip Map), Brocks Alien Head Full exhaust, just installed Dyna 2000 with Dyna coills and APE Pro Manual Cam Chain Tensioner. After those last two installs I noticed that the bike is not idling when cold..

When the bike is cold it would not idle. If I set the Idle speed to 1150 RPM it will idle however when it heats up to normal operating temp the Idle speed goes up to about 1600 RPM...

Help me please guys.. could this be that my plugs are gone??? I changed them about 3 months ago and used them for about 3000 miles. They are NGK Iridiums...If not the plugs what else can it be???

I also advanced the ignition Timing with the Dyna 2000 can it be that its too much advanced???

Thanks
Mark Ramoutar

Sorry, beyond my pay grade. I'm assuming you're using the fast idle to start the bike cold and letting it warm up :poke:

I'd give it a try. Use it every time you crank the bike cold, when the RPMs start rising push it off. When warm adjust idle somewhere close to 1200.

NOT A MECHANIC

Don't know if that's the solution, because what you're telling me is that you didn't need to use it before. If it works great, but I feel like one of your mods has you. Hopefully a pro will pop in. Best of luck, kicking it back up top

@bikerboy2182 i was actually thinking the CCT may be too tight, but why would that affect idle speed only when cold?

As I said up top, I installed AN APE Pro Manual Cam Chain Tensioner. Can anyone tell me how do I tell if it's adjusted too tight???

So I finally figured this problem out.....It was my Dyna 2000 ignition system...It turns out that the GEN 1 ECU has some kind of automatic fast idle system that increases the bikes idle when cold. When the bike is at operating temp idle remains at 1150 or what the idle screw is set at (at least this is how mine is working). I think the ECU does this by varying the Ignition Timing... I figured this out when I disconnected my Dyna 2000 Ignition System...The dyna2000 had my ignition timing set to one setting whether the bike was hot or cold (causing my bike to only idle when at operating temp, making me to use the fast idle lever to keep the bike idling when cold ). Without the Dyna2000 ignition the bike idles fine whether hot or cold.....so it turns out that my APE. Cam Chain Tensioner is working fine....

Back