I seek the knowledge of the collective

Johnnie Phatt

Registered
Greetings. I'm looking at Helibars for my bike. Also planning my summer ride to the west coast from central Canada/Detroit area. Am wondering the opinions on Helibars. Also thinking a double bubble windshield. Your thoughts ?

I'm 61 and needed a little more than the subtle rise of the Helibars, so I added the GenMar riser as well. You might consider the GenMar 1¼" riser. The Helibars do put a slightly different angle on the grips, bringing them closer, but the GenMar had a more dramatic effect as far as comfort, in my opinion.

I have helibars on my 06 and they work fine, no cable problem either.

I was looking at these heli bars as the next mod I'd do for my 18' busa. Was wondering if there were any negative effects from installing one? Especially if I do ride at higher speeds (160+)

I was looking at these heli bars as the next mod I'd do for my 18' busa. Was wondering if there were any negative effects from installing one? Especially if I do ride at higher speeds (160+)

Haven't noticed any but you can always tuck down about an inch if you're not already tucked down @ 160+.

Heli bars and lowered pegs helped me. Heli bars are expensive and the changes not dramatic, but worth it IMO. Do it, and since you will need new grips get some Oxford heated grips on there, that was a huge difference in comfort.

Yes, the helibars do not make a dramatic change, but added with lowering pegs, makes a world of difference to this 6'2" 215# frame. I have a Puig DB also and this combo works well. Bars do not hit at all. Great mods if ur gonna hit the slab a while for sure.
Troy

Pro's / cons . I did them , and was easy install . Not enough though for 600 to 800 mile days . Great for 200 or maybe 300 pushing it . I later added 5/8" spacers under top clamp this did nothing but make controls nearly hit fairing . I eventually ABM/LSL top clamp kit . As a suggestion figure out your millage goals per day on a trip . if its 200 to 300 your good if its more maybe a Super bike bar kit is in order .

Distance in a day has never been a bother to me especially if most of it is on the slab or a good hiway, although curvy mountain roads do make for a more tiring day with or without helibars. I think my arm length helps. My only strain or ache is in my neck and then only when having to ride slowly downhill and around corners for long periods. I love mountain riding but everything that goes up must come down.:D Being up in the breeze like I was on my Honda was more tiring than the position on the Busa for long distances.

I'm 6'1" and I have the helibars, genman 19mm risers and the lowed pegs. Both knees & wrists are shot from years of abuse. With the 3 mods, I can do 500 km days before I get to the "had enough today" stage. Throw on my tank bag and I can rest on it during the boring straights for a bit. My next mod will be cruise control as I have it on my other bikes.
Didn't think the Busa would be a good long distance bike, but I am in love with it.
I also grabbed a ZeroGravity DB screen and it works a treat.

I have the helibars and love them. Added the double bubble screen and hate it. I think the helibars lift me just high enough to catch the wind and my helmet buffets around to where I can hardly see. Keep in mind this is at a 100mph cruise. No prob below that. I’m gonna try the stock screen again but the helibars will stay.

I have the helibars and love them. Added the double bubble screen and hate it. I think the helibars lift me just high enough to catch the wind and my helmet buffets around to where I can hardly see. Keep in mind this is at a 100mph cruise. No prob below that. I’m gonna try the stock screen again but the helibars will stay.

Now, see this sucks.. Here in the nanny land, our highway limit is 100kph, or about 63mph in old money.
If we were to go anywhere near 100mph, and run into the highway patrol lads, it'd be bike confiscated and sold off, a large fine, (in the thousands) with a possibility of a short stay courtesy of the government..

Now, see this sucks.. Here in the nanny land, our highway limit is 100kph, or about 63mph in old money.
If we were to go anywhere near 100mph, and run into the highway patrol lads, it'd be bike confiscated and sold off, a large fine, (in the thousands) with a possibility of a short stay courtesy of the government..

Sounds like you need to move

Yeah, geebus man, do you have free elections over there? Oh, btw have you ever been to Cunnamulla? I ask everyone but my memory is shot so I apologize if I’ve asked before. :D

Back