i need sum help boys

My 2005 Hayabusa bike is messed up and I have checked a lot of things....I think it's time for the manual or something. Some of the problems I'm having are bike does not start when it's hot, acts like a dead battery but it's not. When bike is running it has 15 volts which seems kind of high. It has a mysterious knock when I rev the bike up. Does not smoke or back fire. I have checked the following things: stater, fuel, fluids, clutch, starter, gears, power commander, etc. I need some input, it might be timing. Does not act like the motor is blown. Just a strange knock when reved. Don't know where to go from here. Please help! Bike has slip on Macron mufflers and a power commander 3.

Do you have a trusted bike mechanic who knows Busas nearby? Sounds like you've had a slew of issues since day 1 with this bike. Best of luck.
P.S. I am limited to basic work on the bike, I pay an expert for the rest. Download a service manual here: http://www.servicemanualsgsxr.com/

Last edited:
The knock could be the cam chain tensioner. how many miles on the bike? When you say it won't start when hot, how hot is the bike getting? Is the temp gauge in the red?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back