I need serious help

jw.....this really isn't my place to suggest a person who could help you out here(because of certain factors) but there is a real nice dude on the site here who probably has extreme amounts of knowledge in the area yer needin' help in , and he's near yer state...not my place to name him/her...if you can't figure it out for yerself...PM me....I might give you a hint..if its ok with them.
  have a good 1....RSD.
Yep already talked to him Thanks.
does this dude reside in Arizona??   :super:
Don't know the one I was talking about was Narcissus.
no, it wasn't Narc I was thinki' bout , when the person I was thinking about gets back, I'll PM them . He'll have good advice ,I'm sure....and it wont be "SLOW-THE-FUG-DOWN" .

kiddin.....hav agood 1.RSD.

dude that sucks. its making my think about my own nasty speed habit. usually i ride just a bit over but ive been real bad lately (150 plus). i know you dont need me to tell you about a lawyer but where were you speeding?
if it was near homes, schools, people your fu%$ed unless you can prove the gun was out of calibration ask for a record of maintenance on the radar gun. a good friend of mine was tagged doing 120 in a 55 and lost his licsence for a month . he was waiting his turn and the judge gave a drunk driver a fine and ordered to go to school but no jail time or loss of licsence what is wrong with that! anyway my friend sold his bike before his court date but still lost his liscence. good luck

I got busted on the highway with light traffic and I was on the outskirts of town.  Until the judge tells me to sell the bike it isn't going anywhere.  I will be calling a lawyer this week and attending a drivers course before the court date.  Everything that I have found about the ruling
      " © A court may order a person to attend a driver improvement
     course for any violation for which points are assessed against a
     driver's license under this subsection or may accept the
     attendance by a person at a driver improvement clinic after the
     issuance of a citation for such offense and prior to such
     person's appearance before the court, in which event the court
     shall reduce the fine assessed against such person by 20
     percent, and no points shall be assessed by the department
     against such driver.  The disposition and court order shall be
     reported to the department and shall be placed on the motor
     vehicle record with a zero point count.  This plea may be
     accepted by the court once every five years as measured from
     date of arrest to date of arrest."

I'm hopeing the word MAY doesn't mean might.

When I was up in St.Louis in August, a young couple (20-22 years old) who were to be married within the next couple weeks took a bike out to about 100mph and some elderly woman ran a stop sign.. the bike went into the driver side door, killing the couple and the woman.. only the woman's passenger lived. Watch the 'keithanimalwreck.wmv' video and you can see how easy this could happen.. I rarely ever go over 100mph anymore.. too many factors you CAN'T control can get you killed..
si.

OK I am thinking maybe Bulletrain might be a good person to talk to...Law Enforcement and all...He might have some good tips for you anyway...

Finding an attorney has been anything but fun. The first one doesn't like to goto court in Atlanta so he recommended a friend. While waiting to talk to him I called another lawyer and got laughed at saying that I was screwed and going to jail. This one was just the punk answering the phone but none the less that firm didn't work. The third one pissed my off with some of his comments and wants $2500. The forth one never called me back. (He's a busy man I guess.) Finally talked to the recommended and ...
Well I just got off the phone with MY attorney. After telling him all bout my problem, my priors and everything else things are looking a little better for me. He is sure that he can get the reckless driving charged thrown out. I am going to defensive driving class on Sat and that will take 7 points off my license and will keep me from any chance of getting my license suspended. Now all I have to do is hope that all charges will get dropped. (Wishful thinking) I am going to meet with him in person tomorrow and see what else he has to say. But for now there is a slight glimmer of hope. He even slipped in a few jokes.

I'm so sorry jwcfbd! Damn, bad news... :sad:

That Busa is so damn smooth, you don't realize you're speeding until you see blue lights! I've been pushing it here and there, but exactly what you're facing is what's keeping me in check; no triple digits yet, but close...

Best of luck to you and please keep us posted...I hope that attorney can help you out...

Sorry to hear about that Jim. Hope things work out well. I've just been lucky myself because I've certainly busted the limit enough times. We'll keep our fingers and toes crossed for ya!

ben

Good luck and keep us updated, I'm sure I'll be in this situation sooner or later.... :drink: :drink:

(snip)
 Well I just got off the phone with MY attorney.  
(snip)
He even slipped in a few jokes.
Jokes??!!  Like what?  "Avoid picking up the soap??"

:eek:
:rofl: Thankfully he left that one out. I meet him for the first time yesterday and he seems like a good guy. Positive that the reckless charge is gone, takeing defensive driving is going to help big time but he did say that a BIG fine wouldn't supprise him $1000 max.
Becareful out there guys. Tonight I saw two more bikes pulled over. I think that they have got an eye out for us.

man georgia sounds like the ticket state, i think you have a good lawyer if its just a fine even a big one. keep us posted

Back