I need help with stretching

Esco_jay01

Registered
I’m picking up a mint 08’ hayabusa this Friday. She’s completely stock besides a slip on voodoo exhaust. I really want to stretch it a bit using an extension (4-6 inches). My question is what all do I need in order to do the extension? Extended steel braided brake lines? Will I need a chain extension ? Any thing else ?

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
First dont do it with extentions. Get an arm. Second if you do, need chain, brake line, brake brace extention probably, and depending on your weight, rear shock redone.

Reactions: c10

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
There is a large difference in price. I wont lie. Bt as stated above, how much is your life worth to you?

Esco_jay01

Registered
How much does a long life run compared to a hospital stay or a funeral?
Seriously . . you know the risks with these extensions, why would you cheap out?
The result could well be devastating. :confused:
Did I said I was going to “cheap out”?. No. I simply asked a forum full of hayabusa riders how much it would be to do the full arm, instead of just extensions since I am hearing negatives about the extension now. I had never heard anything negative against the extension, until now.

RedBull

Registered

#BigHugeSwingArm ~ #Extensions ~ #HowLongDoYouStretchIt ~ #THEoRg *

busakiller

Registered
To go extended and buying all new and doing the labor yourself you will spend around $1500. When you buy a swingarm it’s bare. Doesn’t come with a chain guard or a tire hugger. You will need a longer chain. Should do sprockets too. Then you need a longer brake line. Also you will need a brake caliper bracket for the new swingarm. You can buy used arm. I did. I also bought a super nice underbraced from evil. If your only going 6 inches then do a 4 to 8 inch arm that will give you room.

If you find a used arm you want post it in here so we can tell you if it’s good or not. Some aftermarket arms are junk.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickadimas1986