Best stretch?

jeff355

Donating Member
Registered
Im looking to stretch the bike for the 1/4. How much is enough? 4-6, 3-7? What do you guys think? Id like to order some extensions and a chain soon. The bike is bone stock.

You only want to do it once, so go as long as you can afford. Mine is 6" over (approx 63")and I would have liked mine longer, I bought the bike with the arm already on it.

My last one was 68" wheelbase and I would like to go back to that. I have never used swingarm extensions though. My team mate uses them with no problems.

I guess it depends on what your future plans are too!

Thanx, I think I'll go 3-7 just to start. Id like to see a busa stretched 6 for an idea. That old gpz is nice!

I'm 63" its great on my gen1, dont forget the longer you go the more traction problems you could have, 62-64" very popular and works great

I'm 63" its great on my gen1, dont forget the longer you go the more traction problems you could have, 62-64" very popular and works great

No way man, I"m at 9" over and launching at 9000rpm on at two step with the throttle pinned. dead hooking, 148. 60s

busa 32.jpg
Here is my '04 Busa sitting at 64 1/2" (+6") lowered 3/4" in front and 2" in the rear

busa 32.jpg

Go 4-6. Much longer and its hard to hook aggressively on the street, not that you would. ;) you can still keep a stock shock manageable at 64in also. And at 64in, with the shock right and some gear, 1.4x short moves should ne NO problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks like I'll order the 3-7s. These bikes are exactly what im after. What about wheelies? Little or none with this stretch? Thanx guys, just wanna make sure I get it right the first time.

I guess its whatever ya like , I just went 1.43 60' this week @63" lauching at 3500 so it works too

Exactly, I am just over 6" and I cut a 1.46 launching at 2500 just last week. The pass just minutes before that was a 1.47 60ft again .............launching just over idle.

I will post a picture later of my 08 sitting at 60 1/4 inch wheelbase. to me it gives me just alittle more at the track but still corners and handles great on the street. only been out once and went 1.57 60ft sure a couple more times out will get me low 1.50's

Back