All i need for a cheap stretch??

If I were you, for a 3-4" extension I would look for a shorter ext. That one goes from 3-10" which means it will have a lot of extra/unnecessary space left over. You will need a longer chain and brake line I believe.

The cost of parts for stretching and a fatt tire kit sure have dropped since I did mine. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

get shorter extensions...you will need a longer chain, a longer brake arm(most kits come with them)...the factory brake line will reach but as the swingarm articulates it will cause a failure from wear..so replace with a longer brake line too...chck with the sponsors most if not all sell these extensions

You can go up to 6" stretch before needing a new Brake line.

Not on the 2nd gens. I ended up having to order a +6". I am now waiting on a brakeline for my stretch although I went with a full swingarm.

I would honestly spend the extra money to make sure you are getting quality extensions. But you will need a chain for sure, and I would look into getting an EK ZVX 530 for that.

I stretched mine 9" with the same brake line. Just re-route it a little.

NOT going to happen on the 2nd gen!!!!! You might be able to go to +3" on the extensions before having to get a new brake line.

Then you should be ok with the stock one, Most kits like the one you are looking at comes with one.

Be sure to order the right one, The link you sent is for a Gen II

mine is 8 over...love it and will do it again and again and again! keeps the front wheel down on the ground when i decide to hit it! :thumbsup:

mine is 8 over...love it and will do it again and again and again! keeps the front wheel down on the ground when i decide to hit it! :thumbsup:

Your stretch looks perfect. Mind telling me where you got that plate bracket? Thanks

Back