I need a motorcycle lift

I bought the craftsman jack for about $100 on sale. Works o.k. on the Busa but the Nomad sits a little lower. I have to roll it on a wood plank. Can't use my t-rex stands on the Nomad to cheat a little either. Anyway, I think the $100 was worth it

jack_studio__Medium_.jpg

Yeah, I got one of those I use to pick up the VTX all the time.

The trouble with the Busa is all the side farings have to be removed before jacking otherwise you will be on the plastic, not the frame and tear something all to hell. The nice thing about a ramp lift is you can raise up the bike to working level, un bold all the dam screws that hold the farings on, then you can get to the workings of the bike, no messing with crawling around and underneath fasteners, etc to get that faring off.

(dadofthree @ Aug. 24 2007,18:34)
(LCB @ Aug. 24 2007,17:57)
(4wd @ Aug. 24 2007,17:47) Maybe a group buy??
I'm interested in purchasing one too!
+1!!!    I sure could use one...
For mods right  
wink.gif

laugh.gif
Maybe.... I'll never tell. *insert tongue sticking out emoticon here*

Actually - if this comes together it will be a Christmas present...

Going on three years with my Harbor freight and no problems. Its cheap and get the job done. Only thing I would recomand getting would be a portable front wheel chock from New Enough for $200, its called a heincle wheel chock if I recall correctly.
91764.gif

Going on three years with my Harbor freight with no problems. Its cheap and get the job done. Only thing I would recomend getting in addition would be a portable front wheel chock from New Enough for $200, its called a  Heindl wheel chock.
The wheel chock can be used without the lift for standalone use bolted down on a trailer floor or in the garage
91764.gif

DSC02471.jpg

Click here to view the wheel chock.

I have the Harbor freight one in my shop and use the living hell out of it. I like it for 300 bucks. Only thing that suck is its foot powered. My other lift is Air over Hydro and I like it just because it is faster.

If some of you guys would like, I will go see Direct Lift in person and see what I can do for a group buy and maybe see if I cant work in a delevery fee for some of you closer folk.

Josh

I never was offshore, but I can walk out the back door and stick my toe in the water.

super.gif
super.gif

Do you ever sleep Dawg?
Every time I see you, you out cruisin after dark.
wow.gif

super.gif

(Jester0769 @ Aug. 29 2007,19:10) I have the Harbor freight one in my shop and use the living hell out of it. I like it for 300 bucks. Only thing that suck is its foot powered. My other lift is Air over Hydro and I like it just because it is faster.

If some of you guys would like, I will go see Direct Lift in person and see what I can do for a group buy and maybe see if I cant work in a delevery fee for some of you closer folk.

Josh
Josh that would be great I dropped the ball on this one... Haven't had time to even place a call! I gotta quit working these kind of hours.......

I would be interested in buying one.

Cap, talk to Toykraz (Brad), his has the awesome deal.....dunno what kind but this thing is buff, and he's tricked it to lift the rear "on the lift" so as to make rear adjustments with the suspension suspended (Does that make sense ?). You could hit his busa with a Mac truck on the lift and it wouldn't move. Could be the direct lift, dunno. Just know I wouldn't mind having one !!!
super.gif

Spud

Sounds good, keep us posted with details. shipping whatever. I am in the market for one too. I sure don't want one though that has floppy loose bushings and can tip over as soon as you pull on a wrench.

(Spudley @ Aug. 30 2007,04:02) Cap, talk to Toykraz (Brad), his has the awesome deal.....dunno what kind but this thing is buff, and he's tricked it to lift the rear "on the lift" so as to make rear adjustments with the suspension suspended (Does that make sense ?).  You could hit his busa with a Mac truck on the lift and it wouldn't move.  Could be the direct lift, dunno.  Just know I wouldn't mind having one !!!
super.gif

Spud
I have an electric HandyLift at home. As Adam said it has been "customized" to allow the rear wheel to be suspended in air. It was a pricey lift at $1300. However, I have also purchased and used 4 of the Direct Lifts at about $450 each. They are great lifts for the money. The only drawback is the diamond plate surface. If you get your hand caught between the diamond plate and the tire you will lose skin. I had also modified all the Direct Lifts as well.

I posted pictures on the .org sometime ago of the lift "mod" Let me see if I can find them.

Well here is the thread but the picts have mysteriously turned to Red "X"'s  
laugh.gif

If anyone is interested I can take more pictures of the mod.

I bought 4 lifts new from panther lifts in Ft Worth, Tx www.pantherlifts.com I also have a handylift. No preferences between the two brands, I just use whichever is empty at the time. I paid $500 each for the pantherlifts (with vise, ramp, and dropout rear plate). Also check lengths on the deck, panther is 84" and handy is only 80". Makes a big diff on stretched bikes.

Back