I need a motorcycle lift

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I need to get a lift for the busa, Anyone have any insight to a good one that is inexpensive?

Harbor Freight has several different models for various budgets. They go on sale every once in a while too.

91764.gif

http://ww2.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=91764

Yep, that's the same one we've been eyeing for a while now...looks like a good deal and I've heard others brag about it
cool.gif

Are you going to rebuild the Busa Doug?

Heard lots of good things about DIRECTLIFT.COM

You can get one of these on sale for just under $500 and they are built like a tank. Compatible with the likes of Handy........

Save yourself a lot of $$$ and pick it up yourself in Ft. Worth, TX HERE....IS A LINK

Yep, since the insurance company made me a deal I am buying it back. I will be building it over the winter....

Doug

Handy lift..... not question about it. But they are higher than some of the other. You've seen mine. Look in most every motorcycle shop you go in and see what they have.

If I bought another it would be a Handy but I would get one of the newer models with a trap door in the rear.

(ks-waterbug @ Aug. 24 2007,15:44) Heard lots of good things about DIRECTLIFT.COM

You can get one of these on sale for just under $500 and they are built like a tank. Compatible with the likes of Handy........

Save yourself a lot of $$$ and pick it up yourself in Ft. Worth, TX HERE....IS A LINK
That one does look pretty good!

I like the Habor Freight one... no need for compressors or hydro... just pump it up with your own MAN power!

I don't think you can beat a Handy. I have been using this for many years with no probs. (Knock on wood).
SNC12389.jpg

I have that Harbor Freight one. Keep your eyes peeled 'cause it goes on sale once in a while.

We're happy with the one we have.

--Wag--

M/c shops around me all use the Handy unit.
By the time you add the front wheel vice, ATV extensions, tool trays, you are close to $1000 without shipping.

That's why the Harbor freight for $300 and Direct lift for $500 caught my eye. Are they made in China?

I guess the main thing anyone would want is one that wouldn't tip over, collapse, or be floppy loose when raised; and any time a wrench is pulled on the bike the whole table moves.
The Handy has greaseable bushings. It is made over in Marshaltown, Ia. (E.Central). I don't know if it is the best or just pricey (maybe both???)

The Harbor one IS made in China, as I recall.

--Wag--

(Wag @ Aug. 24 2007,19:51) I have that Harbor Freight one.  Keep your eyes peeled 'cause it goes on sale once in a while.

We're happy with the one we have.

--Wag--
Just got a flyer from them, it is on sale for $289 I believe.
That is the hand pump lift. My buddy is using one for lifting Goldwings with no problems.

Back