I love this time in our country

folks the president DOES NOT MATTER.

Unfortunately this has never been more untrue.

The president has executive order power to completely bypass congress.
The person in office now has appointed more positions (czars) that are not held accountable to congress than any other before him. These are decision-making positions that directly impact our lives and livelihood yet we have absolutely no say or voice.

That's true and I don't disagree. I'm just saying that a large portion of his voters are young and act, talk and write like that. The Romney supporters are largely older. I feel this is why obama has won twice. Because he knows how work the electronic age. The younger texter generation is taking over this country and inheriting what the older folks had. Do you think the first thing Mitt would have done after winning was send out a Tweet?

A lot of this is because normally younger people vote more liberal, as they have yet to gain the perspective and become more conservative.

Regardless, back to Said's OP, we do not have a perfect process, but our form of government us unlike most ANY OTHER COUNTRY ON THE PLANET. People outside the US look at our internal differences and think we are weak because of it, but they still no better than to mess with the US as we still come together to face outside threats. Just because I fight with my sister doesn't mean I'm not going to beat the living snot out of anyone else messing with her...

That's true and I don't disagree. I'm just saying that a large portion of his voters are young and act, talk and write like that. The Romney supporters are largely older. I feel this is why obama has won twice. Because he knows how work the electronic age. The younger texter generation is taking over this country and inheriting what the older folks had. Do you think the first thing Mitt would have done after winning was send out a Tweet?

According to the polls Romneys biggest base is uneducated white men....

Let's face there are idiots on both sides.

And I don't read that guys post cause it hurts my brian.

Also yes Obama is much better with the tech and younger folks. V

A lot of this is because normally younger people vote more liberal, as they have yet to gain the perspective and become more conservative.

Regardless, back to Said's OP, we do not have a perfect process, but our form of government us unlike most ANY OTHER COUNTRY ON THE PLANET. People outside the US look at our internal differences and think we are weak because of it, but they still no better than to mess with the US as we still come together to face outside threats. Just because I fight with my sister doesn't mean I'm not going to beat the living snot out of anyone else messing with her...

Younger people may vote more liberal because they see the injustices and oppressive natures of the past generations? And want to change the social nature of our country and world. Ever think of it like that?

I certainly hope my mind doesn't close to new ideas and progression as I get older. I hope that I can see things from my niece and nephews view point when they are voting and tryin to shape the country to what is best for them. I hope that I can look at the world as an older person and say what's next NOT lets go back.

Of course I'm failing miserably with it when I listen to the new music coming out. Maybe I'm screwed.

I'm backwoods TN and I take exception to your comment! :)

The fact you jump out of perfectly good airplanes proves his point. There are dummies in Tn.
:moon:

According to the polls Romneys biggest base is uneducated white men....

Let's face there are idiots on both sides.

And I don't read that guys post cause it hurts my brian.

Also yes Obama is much better with the tech and younger folks. V

But Obama had more dummies voting for him, that's why he won.
:whistle:

Younger people may vote more liberal because they see the injustices and oppressive natures of the past generations? And want to change the social nature of our country and world. Ever think of it like that?

I certainly hope my mind doesn't close to new ideas and progression as I get older. I hope that I can see things from my niece and nephews view point when they are voting and tryin to shape the country to what is best for them. I hope that I can look at the world as an older person and say what's next NOT lets go back.

Of course I'm failing miserably with it when I listen to the new music coming out. Maybe I'm screwed.

Younger people do not yet have the perspective and wisdom they gain with age. I was young and dumb once too; now I'm just old and stupid but with perspective. Until you've had a few jobs, kids and/or wives, it's kind of hard to explain.

There was an interesting debate Oxford style about Internet focus affects on our voting and how it's limiting us.

If anyone's interested ill post it.

Younger people do not yet have the perspective and wisdom they gain with age. I was young and dumb once too; now I'm just old and stupid but with perspective. Until you've had a few jobs, kids and/or wives, it's kind of hard to explain.

I disagree. They have perspective it's different it's hopeful and excited. It's of a world they imagine to be the best. Maybe I'm just idealistic.

But I've ha my share of jobs and hardships. And a wife, no kids though cause they are gross :p.

Gpmo: The day you have a child..hold that little life in your hands and know it's your responsibility....is the day you become a conservative...trust me....

Gpmo: The day you have a child..hold that little life in your hands and know it's your responsibility....is the day you become a conservative...trust me....

I've zero interest in being a parent. I have never wanted to be one. My wife fortunately for me hates kids so there ya have it.

Unfortunately the logic doesn't follow real life.

I know many people who are liberal and had children and are still liberal and moderate or like myself politically. You don't get to put a political epiphany on having a child, it just doesn't work that way.

I've zero interest in being a parent. I have never wanted to be one. My wife fortunately for me hates kids so there ya have it.

Unfortunately the logic doesn't follow real life.

I know many people who are liberal and had children and are still liberal and moderate or like myself politically. You don't get to put a political epiphany on having a child, it just doesn't work that way.

Theory failed - I have a kid and am still liberal :poke:

Lol. Did it make you a more convicted liberal though? I could see that having a child may strengthen your current beliefs.

I don't think it did. But I've continued to get more liberal the older I get. Usually goes the other way lol.

Pot stirring has no direction...

Fair enough. I wonder the same thing of hardcore conservatives sometimes myself. I can tell you about friends and how their parents who are conservative have reacted. One notable in highschool decided they couldn't do anything about it and saw the difficulty of being gay in our society and adjusted their views on it. Another friend came out and his dad took a baseball bat to both knees. I think I've seen the extremes. Several who are completely estranged from parents. It's sad really.

Back