This is my country

kim windsor

Registered
I was born in Germany 1948 , at 5 I was adopted and sent to America , my young life till the age of 17 was on long island NY.
in school I said the pledge of allegiance ,I learned a love and respect for our country . So on the 4th of July I want to renew my
pledge ,and honor all who have served for our great nation. There is no greater! When I was in the service (army1967-1970 ) all I served
with my brothers , we fought together and played together and some died together . Let us all take a moment to remember
all the blessings our country has given to us all. GOD. BLESS AMERICA

331A524B-74FF-4774-956C-03F88478FAED.jpeg

I was born in Germany 1948 , at 5 I was adopted and sent to America , my young life till the age of 17 was on long island NY.
in school I said the pledge of allegiance ,I learned a love and respect for our country . So on the 4th of July I want to renew my
pledge ,and honor all who have served for our great nation. There is no greater! When I was in the service (army1967-1970 ) all I served
with my brothers , we fought together and played together and some died together . Let us all take a moment to remember
all the blessings our country has given to us all. GOD. BLESS AMERICA

View attachment 1637273
Good story that is why America was the place to come. You came right after a war where you (not you personally) were our enemy. Yet you assimilated into our country, and served it as a Patriotic member and I thank you.

While I shared your duty to serve this country, I'm afraid my sentiments towards what it has become and will likely continue to do, is not the country I hoped my efforts would help preserve.

You served in a very politically unpopular war. Treated poorly by civilians when you returned.

Thank you for remaining an American despite this.

Good story that is why America was the place to come. You came right after a war where you (not you personally) were our enemy. Yet you assimilated into our country, and served it as a Patriotic member and I thank you.

While I shared your duty to serve this country, I'm afraid my sentiments towards what it has become and will likely continue to do, is not the country I hoped my efforts would help preserve.

You served in a very politically unpopular war. Treated poorly by civilians when you returned.

Thank you for remaining an American despite this.
Thank you or your kind words ,I also pray for the country I grew up in and not the way it is going !

Back