I love Oklahoma

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Stand your ground law
MARIKA LORRAINE REPORTING
OKLAHOMA CITY -- We've brought you the stories lately. One woman working in her garage, at night, confronted with an intruder. Heather Fitzgerald fired her gun at the man who then ran away.

Then there's the showdown at an Oklahoma City pharmacy. The suspect killed during an attempted robbery.

In both instances many believe the shootings were justified based on the stand your ground law.

Oklahoma Rifle Association director Charles Smith says, "It's a split second decision and I think most rational people are very hesitant to ever use deadly force. However there are situations where you see no other recourse for you."

That notion is why, in 2006, the stand your ground law went into effect. It adds on to the old make my day law. It basically states if you are in your home, car, or business and are confronted with a reasonable fear of deadly force, you don't have to retreat.

You can use deadly force to protect yourself. Other parts of the law protect people from civil suits if police justified the shooting.

And it's important to note, in Oklahoma you only need a permit to carry a weapon in public. Just having a gun on your private property does not require a permit.

and with that, im moving to Oklahoma. Mind if i stay with you until i get a job and a house, cap? :laugh:

Get that lady some training to hit her target....

Other than that I agree with Skydivr

you have to be kidding....you need a gun to protect yourself.... be a real man about it learn to use a hatchet....pansie arses:read:

Florida has had this law for a few years now too. I can't wait for the rest of the states to catch up to common sense like these states have.

i was recently told by an attorney that if someone broke into my home, and i shot them, that i had better kill them because if i did not kill them they could sue me. for instance if someone broke into my home and only had a knife and i shot them and did not kill them i could be in big trouble.

i guess the kicker is 'reasonable fear of deadly force'. i would like to read how an oklahoma supreme court defines this

i was recently told by an attorney that if someone broke into my home, and i shot them, that i had better kill them because if i did not kill them they could sue me. for instance if someone broke into my home and only had a knife and i shot them and did not kill them i could be in big trouble.

i guess the kicker is 'reasonable fear of deadly force'. i would like to read how an oklahoma supreme court defines this

Get a new attorney!

If someone is in your house any prudent citizen would believe they were in danger and fear for their lives or personal injury.

so ok if you think you need to fire at someone..so does this law cover your mis guided ammo when it hits the innocent body stander
Posted via Mobile Device

images.jpeg

heard the guy in the pharmacy scored two head shots with a .380.... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back