7 killed overnight in Chicago shootings..what happened to their strict gun laws?

really ??? right in noboma land ??? really ???

um.. yeah :tiptoe:

I guess they need more stringent gun laws there. Don't the criminals know that it is illegal for them to have a handgun?

Chris

There in the middle of a gang war. Were feeling the effects in the prison system also. Not fun.

Making fun of 7 people dying to further a cause shows a lack of class. I'm sure you didn't know them, but everyone of those dead people is somebody's child.
I'm all in favor of concealed carry laws, I think Chicago's law is ridiculous, but your comment was inappropriate. Show some respect for the dead.

Making fun of 7 people dying to further a cause shows a lack of class. I'm sure you didn't know them, but everyone of those dead people is somebody's child.
I'm all in favor of concealed carry laws, I think Chicago's law is ridiculous, but your comment was inappropriate. Show some respect for the dead.

You think I'm making FUN? You'd be mistaken. I'm not making FUN. It's sad. The only thing sadder than 7 people dying because of guns, is that those people were legally prohibited from protecting themselves...

The sarcasm you used implied that you were making fun of the fact that criminals had guns but non-criminals didn't. I must have been mistaken in my interpretation. I apologize if I misunderstood you.

"Chicago Police Superintendent Jody Weis (wees) says most of the seven who died in the shootings had documented gang ties."

Live by the sword, die by the sword. I have no problem with people using these deaths for a political purpose. It's not like they were innocent victims.

The anti-gun groups love these unfortunate types of situations. Most people are responsible with firearms. Why should criminals dictate loss of our rights to self protection under the second ammendment?

The anti-gun groups love these unfortunate types of situations. Most people are responsible with firearms. Why should criminals dictate loss of our rights to self protection under the second ammendment?

Do they? Sounds like the pro-gun people on this board are enjoying it a bit. Nothing like generalizing though huh?

Kind of sad people on this board would take an unfortunate situation like this and use it as a pro-gun situation. I could easily take a different location like Michigan here, and talk about how a few responsible people in a militia were going to use their guns to kill police officers. :whistle:

Need to adapt Az soon to be laws...

Saturday, April 17, 2010
Ariz. to allow concealed-carry without permits
The governor just signed the law, so it'll take effect in a few months. Two other states, Alaska and Vermont, already have similar rules. There are two caveats. One, people carrying concealed must tell police if they're asked. Also, police can temporarily take a concealed weapon from a person, even during traffic stops, the Arizona Republic reports. No gun-safety classes will be required.

Posted by James Hart on Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 05:02

Read more: Crime Scene KC

Kind of sad people on this board would take an unfortunate situation like this and use it as a pro-gun situation.

It's not as if the opposition doesn't take every opportunity to do the same. James Brady would have you believe that every gun crime is a result of law abiding citizens.

It's not as if the opposition doesn't take every opportunity to do the same. James Brady would have you believe that every gun crime is a result of law abiding citizens.

Ah, So your fight is "they do it, so its ok if we do"? Like I said before, sad people on this board would take an unfortunate situation like this and use it as a pro-gun situation.

Did a search on james brady. Where does he say that every gun crime is a result of a law abiding citizen? Link please.

Last edited:
Ah, So your fight is "they do it, so its ok if we do"? Like I said before, sad people on this board would take an unfortunate situation like this and use it as a pro-gun situation

I would posit that those of us that are trying to protect our rights tend to have a bit more credibility in that arena that those that are striving to remove our rights.

Back