I just wanna know one thing!!!!!

It looks like it is Blanca. Finally!!! Lets hope the rest of the country will follow suit and end prohibition and stop the govt from trying to control what we of legal age put into our bodies.

BTW i don't smoke, eat, drink, or vaporize marijuana. I have no desire to go buy some and consume. But my neighbor may. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

P.S. Busa riders get room and board when visiting to get their share :p May even take in a 14 rider:laugh:

actually its illegal everywhere. just because the state chooses not to enforce a law any longer doesnt make it legal. federal law still classifies it as a schedule I drug. but here in CT they just passed the same law for medicinal purposes.

where its gonna get sticky is when employers conduct drug tests. no one is getting fired for testing positive to opiates if u have a script but ill bet plenty get fired for using marijuana with a script.

where its gonna get sticky is when employers conduct drug tests. no one is getting fired for testing positive to opiates if u have a script but ill bet plenty get fired for using marijuana with a script.

Yes it is. Its legal here for medical use but my work has fired 2 people because they tested positive even though they have the script. My work said it might be legal but under the works rules its still a fireable offense

actually its illegal everywhere. just because the state chooses not to enforce a law any longer doesnt make it legal. federal law still classifies it as a schedule I drug. but here in CT they just passed the same law for medicinal purposes.

Why you gotta be a big party pooper?
The fact the fed govt still classifies pot as a schedule one drug which places it higher in danger to the user than cocaine or heroin is ludicrous!
It is time to legalize it flat plain and simple. Alcohol and tobacco are gonna kill millions more and are still legal.
Enough hiding it behind 'medical' reasons and selling it at 'clinics'.
Just package it up and sell it at circle K. I promise you use will not spiral out of control.
Anyone who thinks it will need only look at ALL other countries who have decriminalized it for example.
Crime surrounding it would cease overnight. It is not a gateway drug. Alcohol and tobacco usually come into people's lives before pot does.

Comments are flying in on this one :)

100% correct here. I think the big hope is that state rights will trump federal over time. If more states going the way of legalization the Feds will have to. I would hope any how.

Yes it is. Its legal here for medical use but my work has fired 2 people because they tested positive even though they have the script. My work said it might be legal but under the works rules its still a fireable offense
those are gonna be tested at every level. fom the labor board to the appellate courts sooner then later.

its not fair to punish someone for that if they have a legal right to have it in their body for a medicinal purpose. its not like an alcoholic mixed beverage where its metabilized very quickly. if one tested positive to an alcoholic mixed beverage you would know that they consumed that within a few hrs ago at the most so therefore they could still be suffering from the effects of alcohol on the body like motor skills, memory and reflexes.

one cud smoke or eat marijuana in a brownie or whatever on friday nite to eleviate a cronic painful condition and have zero effects from it monday morning yet still test positive in their system.

but, many companies prohibit their employees from smoking cigarettes these days and if they find out uve been smoking they can terminate you. I wud be willing to bet that this will go to the high court for a decision because some places are going to say that smoking marijuana is unhealthy. and that is true.

marijuana is not healthy for ur lungs. I have no info on it causing cancer but there is nothing healthy about smoking marijuana and companies may hang their legal hats on that and labor boards may agree.

but the argument on the other side is its used for pain management. smoking cigarettes have no pain killing effects and essentiually do nothing positive and kill millions every year and cost our healthcare system billions. that is where ur job may have the right to object to the use of marijuana. but opiates are not healthy for you either. id say for more dangerous and abusive then marijuana yet completely acceptable as a form of pain management.

the lawyers will get rich off these cases cause some are gonna have more validity then others. they woman suffering from breast cancer and going thru kemo will have a much better leg to stand on then the guy that has a hang nail and his doctor wrote him a script for marijuana.....:whistle:

Many people are convicted under state law though, itll be interesting to see what happens with that.

I never thought I would live to see decriminalization of marijuana, but it seems it may be a reality. If it becomes legal there are tests like mouth swabs to show recent use.

100% correct here. I think the big hope is that state rights will trump federal over time. If more states going the way of legalization the Feds will have to. I would hope any how.
that seems to be the trend but you have to keep in mind the implications that will have as a whole. I think the way it sits now is the feds know certain places are violating federal law but turn a blind eye to it.

but many places in cali are seeing the DEA come in and shut them down and fine them. sooner or later I think ur right tho if every state went in that direction politics would prevail and new laws would be proposed to repeal some of the federal laws pertaining to marijuana. or change its drug classification.

thats a slippery slope tho and many are afraid of opening up Pandora's box with legislation like that. personally, I think all drugs should be legalized and put the profits in the states hands. but thats another story.

Many people are convicted under state law though, itll be interesting to see what happens with that.

I never thought I would live to see decriminalization of marijuana, but it seems it may be a reality. If it becomes legal there are tests like mouth swabs to show recent use.
yes but ur forgetting the medical marijuana drug called Marinol. it's synthetic THC at 100% purity and has zero harmful chemicals like one sees in smoking marijuana. its simply a pill. it is used for anti nausea and increasing appetite and has nothing to do with pain management. Marinol is only available by prescription and is VERY expensive.

so in reality one could test positive to the use of marijuana and have never smoked marijuana. marijuana tests test for THC. there are a lot of holes in the drug testing system. that is just one of many.

its not fair to punish someone for that if they have a legal right to have it in their body for a medicinal purpose.

This is true but its how some places of work are. Its also in our contract that you can be fired for having a firearm in your vehicle on the site. Even if your following all fed and state laws about gun ownership and transportation they can still fire you. They said when your hired if you don't like the rules go get a different job.

I don't know about Pot in Colorado, but Greene County Mississippi can now sell Beer and Wine!! :cheerleader:

Back