I just don't get women

(semi @ Jun. 06 2007,19:31) it's normal for a guy to want to rescue a girl who in his mind is being treated poorly...however, some girls don't want to be "rescued"...while they will be interested for a while, they always get bored and leave, usually going back to the drama-filled life that they seem to enjoy...i don't understand it, just know that it is true
You never get the whole truth either. Sometimes I wonder if its as bad in the relationship as they say it is.

This isn't the 1950's anymore,a woman does not have to stay in an' abusive relationship.

If they want to get slapped around or abused in one form or another,thats their business as far as I'm concerned. I once pulled a creep off of his girlfriend who he was slapping around,next thing I know,she's on my back telling me to stop. I said fine,he's all yours honey.Go figure?

There are rare cases where the woman has some how managed to hook up with a total loser,one that threatens violence or death. But if it were me being abused,I'd still take a chance on leaving...

Better to die on your feet,
Than live on your knees.

RSD.

(BigDiesel @ Jun. 06 2007,22:25) ya got a point tho, WW....they can smell the 'caveman' in'em, and they like it-why? i dont know....
all_coholic.gif
basic protection instinct. guys who ask, "Well, honey, I hope you figure YOU out..." are shown the door

Its called attraction. Women like men that are a challenge or they get bored. If you fall for them to soon, get predictable, routine, etc most gals will take off on you. Being a gentleman with an edge has worked the best for me.

I used to be looked at as a "nice guy" type. Guess how far it got me in life with the ladies? Try not very far. Now I can't keep them away. makes no sense to me but I've learned to do what works not what makes sense!!! Go figure!

Sounds like you were too nice to her. Women will tell you all day long they just want a nice guy. Its B.S.

Drop her and move on. My grandpa use to tell me that women were like buses. If you miss one there is another on the next corner just waiting to be picked up. Words to live by!!! Oh and don't forget to have fun with the whole dating thing!

Divorce is expensive because it is worth it!!!
jump9.gif

(landmissle @ Jun. 07 2007,09:32) Its called attraction. Women like men that are a challenge or they get bored. If you fall for them to soon, get predictable, routine, etc most gals will take off on you.
THATS what I was looking for... I new there was some thing about most women I had figured out... of course, I forgot it.
crazy.gif
Thanks for relearning me.
laugh.gif

I don't understand women and I'm one of 'em!  
laugh.gif

I do know that there are women that just crave continual drama...abusive relationships, being treated like crap, always hiding things from their guy and bringing any gal within earshot of her life into the seedy underbelly of her ongoing saga...I too got caught up in a gal's life, felt that I needed to save her, that everyone here at work needed to coddle her and take her in to spare her from an "evil man", but guess what?  They've just built their second home together and are talking of kids...it took myself and my coworkers YEARS to realize that though she may have been in an abusive relationship, she craved the attention she got for it all even more...

Now that all of that attention is completely gone, she lives a pretty quiet and lonely life with a guy she claims she doesn't love...I don't care anymore and my life is a lot less complicated...don't get me wrong, I feel for women that don't know how to help themselves or leave, and I of all people don't understand 'em, but I do know that you can't make anyone do what you think is right...they've got to figure it out on their own...

Time to move on...hate to say this, but given that you're recently divorced and this chick would be the first gal you've shown an interest in, that's your rebound gal anyway...those don't usually last...move on and let her wallow in her misery; just don't stick around to lend her the shoulder to cry on when the next wave of "oh, poor me" comes along...hate to be so brutal, but I've been there and done that far too many times to admit...

Hang in there and chin up!  Things WILL get better...give it time...  
smile.gif

The problem is two small regions of the brain in the anterior portion of the frontal lobe. Unfortunately, it's too far back for an ice pick to physically suppress without damaging motor functions and the temporal lobe.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, though. Attraction acts just like a drug, so you're brain really is playing tricks on you. Keep that in mind and try to distract yourself with other activities. If you can stop thinking about it for a week, it goes away.

Thanks again guys, I can't tell you how much this has helped.

I actually got a call today, didn't answer it.

And there is an update but I'm reluctant to elaborate as full disclosure would aleviate any shred of respect I may have left from the board
tounge.gif

Suffice it to say our mutual friend at work sat me down and gave me the skinny...I have been majorly lied to and played big time.

I feel great today though
biggrin.gif

Thanks again.

(Justyntym @ Jun. 07 2007,14:21) Thanks again guys, I can't tell you how much this has helped.

I actually got a call today, didn't answer it.

And there is an update but I'm reluctant to elaborate as full disclosure would aleviate any shred of respect I may have left from the board  
tounge.gif

Suffice it to say our mutual friend at work sat me down and gave me the skinny...I have been majorly lied to and played big time.

I feel great today though  
biggrin.gif

Thanks again.
Hey, glad someone clued you in...

See, nothing but up from here!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I never try to understand women.Once you think you know they change their mind.
Sounds like she likes the bad boy image.Not the making of a secure relationship.
Goodluck

OK, I'm going to play the part of A#1. As I was A#1 for many years. Since being a nice guy was getting me in a world of hurt every time, I truned over the leaf. One thing I can say with fair certantity, people I.E.
men and women, somewhere in the back of their mind, like being treated like $hit. When I was a nice guy, the girls treated me like crap. When I was A#1, I treated them like crap and they kept coming back for more. I was dating 7 girls at the same time. They all knew about each other, and none were dating any one else. I had a girl for every day of the week. They all kissed my a$$, every time.

Fast forward a few years. Some where I got tired of dating dumb a$$es. Managed to get "standards", and would literaly give them "tests" in general conversations. If they didn't have correct or at least intelegent answers, I'd just not talk to them any more.

Now we have been togather for 15 years and married for 10. The first 7 years, I told people, we would not last another year. You just never can tell.

My only advice is this. Don't get attached, espically after 20 years of marrige. Enjoy life on your own for a while. Wrap your willy, and use it on as many women as you can.
firedevil.gif
Just don't take things too seriously for a couple of years. Take that motorcycle vacation you all ways wanted to. Enjoy being yourself, and not her husband. Try something new, buy a gun, water or snow ski, SCUBA dive, take a trip to China, get a mail order bride, what ever. Just don't worry about hooking up with anyone, other than for a piece, for a while.

Take care,

Steve

Some one once told me. A woman is like the weather. If you don't like the way it is now, give it 15 minutes.

"Wrap your willy, and use it on as many women as you can"

jump9.gif

That's awesome...

Good luck bud, there are some good ones out there.

In the words of Mr Garrison: "I never trust anything that bleeds for three days and doesn't die."
firedevil.gif

(proud dad @ Jun. 07 2007,12:03)  Sounds like she likes the bad boy image.Not the making of a secure relationship.
  Goodluck
Justyntym....you could always give them both types of relationship at once.
You provide a nice clean stable home,then get drunk every Friday night and slap the bittch around.
all_coholic.gif

laugh.gif
RSD
biggrin.gif

(Narcissus @ Jun. 07 2007,14:00) In the words of Mr Garrison: "I never trust anything that bleeds for three days and doesn't die."
firedevil.gif
Narc...I still love ya man.

RSD.

For some reason every woman I have known likes a guy who isn't necessarily an A-hole but does have a domineering side to them...someone they know who doesn't put up with any BS and takes charge of a situation w/out hesitation. For some reason guys that are super NICE and always courteous get treated like crap. They actually want a guy to be opinionated and back it up even if it's considered almost jerk like to an extent.

Seems like the "nothing but nice" guys are missing a quality that some women want in a mate.

Right. Cavemen.

I, personally, don't think it is "BAD" guys or drama they like, but the EXCITEMENT LEVEL that goes along with that. I've learned to attract with the same or higher excitement level MINUS all the bad crap that goes with it: in essance, a Nice guy with an action packed lifestyle fullfilling that need for life-proving excitement. It is hard for women to grasp, which is why I'm not married, but it can fill both needs and it's really not that hard.

One relatable example I can share is on the Hayabusa. I took this girl for a ride once and she said okay, but don't go over 60 or something. Once we found an open spot, I checked her grip on me, which is my signal to her that we are going to go faster. She griped tighter and I took her to 170. After we stopped and dehelmeted, she had that huge grin - you all know the one - and asked how fast we went. I told her and she started hitting me, HARD, yelling at me for ignoring her request to not go over 60 .... SMILING AND LAUGHING THE WHOLE TIME SHE WAS PUMMELING ME. She loved it and we rode fast many times after that.

THEY don't know what they want... .you gotta GIVE IT to them. BE the man. Women are designed to receive, Men are designed to give. It works best that way. Try it. You will see

Back