I just don't get women

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Probably to much personal history but I guess I need to vent. ( I pre appologize)
Sometimes I feel like the last sane person on the planet.

After 20 years of happy blissful peaceful marriage, (this was last year) the (eX) wife gets some midlife/menopause whatever going on and hits me with a divorce. People that know us (as well as myself) would have said if there was one couple left on earth not divorced it would have been us. Well so it goes, over it and done.

At 43 I kinda figured love is pretty much BS and honestly want nothing to do with a serious relationship again.

Fast foreward to about a month ago...we got this woman I work with, a super knock out, fun to be with etc. etc...A bit younger than me and we've been friends for over a year, occasional lunch that's about it. I do know for a fact, boyfriend (who is also older than her) is quite the grade A1 A-hole. Without going into details, the a-hole lies out his arse and tells her whatever, has the emotional maturity of a 10 year old and basically treats her like one big piece of crap. She's been leaving going back and forth with Captain moron for the better part of a year.

Well, like a say, about a month ago she gets canned. We have one final lunch togather...and it hits me despite all my efforts against, like a ton of bricks. I can not stop (honest to GOD) thinking 24/7 about this woman. She is fantastic. I (at the risk of being totally sappy) could not even eat. I've lost 23 pounds to date...
I was never even like this with my ex...ever.

I'm a pretty straight foreward, honest, and decent person and have to tell her how I feel. She tell me she has feelings for me to. (I'm trying to be brief here I really am) I also do not want any part of causing additional problems at home but this is how I feel.

We talk everday and grow a bit closer, two weeks ago she must leave...not only the A-hole but the state. We meet for a good-bye for now for about an hour (took us that long) express mutal feelings...her father lives in another state and she feels honestly that something she can not explain is pulling her there.

O.K. I understand and want what's best for her, she says she has to do this but will come back. I say I am here for you blah blah mush mush.

We talk everyday with I miss you and love you etc. etc.

Five days ago...nothing, wont even return a call. I find out from a mutal friend at work who has spoken briefly that she indeed is planning to come back...AND GO BACK TO THE FRIGGEN A-HOLE.

WTF...you have no idea the disfunctial bs that goes on. What is with some women (or people) that would choose being treated like a piece of crap by a moron rather than being part of a healthy loving relationship by someone who would wake up every day and look into those beautiful eyes and thank GOD.

Sorry for the long personal BS rant, I'm never open like this but I guess this helps...and why the heck can't I even get a call ...WT...

I didn't even want to feel any of this but in truth...I would have done anything and given anything to be with her.

I just don't get it....

As Carlos Mencia once said... "DEE-DEE-DEE!!!!"

She sound's as immature as that @sshole she's previously going out with. "If she's that unintelligent, then i think anyone on this board can do better, 'not trying to hurt any feelings of course.'"

I have a 21yr/old friend that just got out of a relationship with a girl that was SERIOUSLY immature. She'd date just about anyone at the drop of a hat. He's in a band and she started to like one of his band members, so he pretty much doesn't trust EITHER of them now.

It's just not worth all the heartache bro. Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you can do MUCH better than someone like that, i think ANYONE on this board can do better.

I'm sorry that you've had to deal with stupidity coming from this world man, i'm really sorry.

I just hope you're able to move on and get over it easily, don't beat yourself up for someone else's misloyalty.

Sorry for your misfortune bro.
sad.gif

Well if you need anyone to talk to that doesn't really know you or your wife, so I can't form a bias opinoin give me a call 814.952.3744

Divorce is hard I went through one about 3 yrs ago. She took me for 3 houses 4 cars. and ran over 3 of my street bikes.

It will get better. I look back at it now and I don't know why I put myself through the missery I did. Good luck I hope it works itself out.

Whatever you do, don't ever give her another moment of your time. It's tough to stick to your guns but it's the best thing, really. She's the type who would think nothing of dating you for a while and then dumping your sorry ass for the a-hole boyfriend. Happens all the time, bro. Sorry you had to go through all of that and I really feel for you.

Keep us posted.

--Wag--

sorry to hear your troubles man. you dont have to treat them like crap to get them or keep them just dont put them on a pedestal so that they can look down at you
rock.gif

(ambulldog @ Jun. 06 2007,18:58) sorry to hear your troubles man.  you dont have to treat them like crap to get them or keep them just dont put them on a pedestal so that they can look down at you
rock.gif
Verry well said!
beerchug.gif

i feel your pain bro...i've been through 2 divorces and know exactly what you are going through...i don't know the psychology behind all of it but i seemed to go through the same emotions both times

there would be several short-term "friendships" but approximately one and a half years after each divorce, i got involved in a new relationship that developed into something fairly serious...they both failed...looking back, i see now that i was still hurting and looking for someone to "save " me from my situation (please don't take this as me judging you, this is just what i went through)

i've been divorced for almost 7 years this time and couldn't be happier with my life, however, it took a while to get here...i wouldn't date either one of the ladies from my previous relationships now that i see things a little clearer...they were just as messed up as i was at that point in time

it's normal for a guy to want to rescue a girl who in his mind is being treated poorly...however, some girls don't want to be "rescued"...while they will be interested for a while, they always get bored and leave, usually going back to the drama-filled life that they seem to enjoy...i don't understand it, just know that it is true

now, i'm just waiting for someone who really gets me and is willing to let me be myself...why settle for someone who only wants to change me into her idea of perfection...just give it time, after a 20 year marriage that got flipped on its head, it is going to take some time to get your head and emotions back to anything resembling normal

Man, I know you have probably heard everything from take her back, to don't even give her the time of day, but YOU have to do whatever YOU feel like YOU need to do. When she moves back, chances are that she will come back to you. She will find out once again that he is a jerk, and she will get back in contact with you. If at that time, you still have any feelings for her take it REAL, REAL SSLLOWWWW!! Don't put her up on any type of pedastal and make her chase you. If she truly chases you for a while, then slowly start chatting and then maybe do lunch etc..etc.. Just take it one day at a time bro. Just for a while, keep it in the back of your head what she has done to you so that you don't go too fast and get hurt again!!
If you need someone to talk to, then PM me and I will be glad to talk with you (or atleast listen).

Try to keep your chin up man!!

P.S. Don't ever feel like you have to apoligize for venting here on the .org! We are all a family and willing to listen or help in any way we can!

You guys are the best, this actually helped more than I ever hoped it would.

Thanks Guys
super.gif

(GSXRFANN @ Jun. 06 2007,22:37) Man, I know you have probably heard everything from take her back, to don't even give her the time of day, but YOU have to do whatever YOU feel like YOU need to do. When she moves back, chances are that she will come back to you. She will find out once again that he is a jerk, and she will get back in contact with you. If at that time, you still have any feelings for her take it REAL, REAL SSLLOWWWW!! Don't put her up on any type of pedastal and make her chase you. If she truly chases you for a while, then slowly start chatting and then maybe do lunch etc..etc.. Just take it one day at a time bro. Just for a while, keep it in the back of your head what she has done to you so that you don't go too fast and get hurt again!!
If you need someone to talk to, then PM me and I will be glad to talk with you (or atleast listen).

Try to keep your chin up man!!

P.S.   Don't ever feel like you have to apoligize for venting here on the .org! We are all a family and willing to listen or help in any way we can!
+1

I learned after a girl I fell head over heels for... Basicly the same situation, A-hole BF, left him for me, then goes back, but kept me around on a string to tease HIM. She LOVED drama. Unfortunately, I got drug into it. I finally realized what she was doing, and lost all feelings for her. I have come to realize that she didn't even REALIZE she's addicted to drama and was using me for the drama factor. Only reason I realize this is I've become a  friend of her family and have seen things from MULTIPLE different views. Shoot, I was the first person to know she was marrying this guy after our breakup... She and I hadn't talked for 3 mths... We're just friends now, and I'm happy with that... From what I can tell, she's wanting our drama relationship again... NOT gonna happen. The drama hurts. I would've done ANYTHING for her, but she screwed it up for her.
I understand the girls being into A-holes feeling too... Why don't they like the guys that would do anything for them to keep them happy... I still don't get that, of course, I'm only 23 and have some learning yet to go through.

My suggestion? Take a step back, look at things, and see if she's in it for the drama...
wink.gif
If you need to talk, PM me and I'll send you my phone number... I'm a good ear for this stuff as I've been told.  
smile.gif

I know so many girls that are into the guys who are messed up or are A-holes. For some reason they see them as they are(A-Holes), complain about them, but put up with it and go back to them every time. Sorry you are going through this. You will find a nice woman who appreciates being treated nice!! Hang in there.

I am married 17 years and my wife got a mid life crisis thing and wamo, wants out!! We were also the couple who everyone always said would last forever. People all around us got divorced and we would talk about it and we were on the same page. NEVER thought in a million years I would be going through this like so many others who were always different than "US". Now I know we are all in the same boat here. I love her more than anything and would do anything in this world to make it work but to this day I have no idea why she wants out or what I can to make it work. And trust me I have tried everything and anything I could think of.

Women- Who knows?? Can't live with them, Can't shoot em!!

ps. You need someone to talk to or vent on Call me!!

beerchug.gif

(Wag @ Jun. 06 2007,18:45) Whatever you do, don't ever give her another moment of your time. It's tough to stick to your guns but it's the best thing, really. She's the type who would think nothing of dating you for a while and then dumping your sorry ass for the a-hole boyfriend. Happens all the time, bro. Sorry you had to go through all of that and I really feel for you.

Keep us posted.

--Wag--
Yeah.... plus 100 to what Lou said.

Obiously she has been staying in contact with A1 a$$hole while she has been telling you she has feelings for you.

Lying and misleading someone is NOT a way to start a relationship.

Dude I am 45, I am telling you from experaince, kick her a$$ to the curb and count your blessings you found out about her ability to have duel lives BEFORE you took things to the next stage with her.

Seriously, ask my wife. I would kick her but to the curb and quick..
crazy.gif

And to add, I have KNOWN women like this, who have been in really abusive relationships.

The ones I have known were f'd up in the head. they always end up going back to the abusive jerk and the nice guy is allays left scratching his head why she left a good guy that treated her well to go back into an abusive relationship..

Want to know the answer? some women are just f'd up in the head, they are fricken clueless and don't know what they want.

I have seen over and over again the nice guys finishing last in the situation.

honestly, as GSXR said, anything can happen, she could come back, leave this guy again you two could get married and be happy for ever after.

Chances are not however. as I said, seen this type before cut your losses before you really get hurt. her loss not yours

bro-a good friend of mine just went thru a pretty f***ed up divorce last year....came home from 3 mos. out of state working, walked in the house and if it wasnt HIS, it was GONE....she up n left with pretty much everything, went to some guy from work who she'd been messing around with for awhile.

the is no rhyme or reason to this stuff man-some folks look for happiness in misery...thats just how it is.

my advice for you-cut this chick out of your life, take whoever told you what was going on out for a 5-star meal and say thank you for saving ya from a s**t-ton of pain n heartache.
Then take at look at yourself-examine what is was that you really liked about that chick, and make a list of it-then swear to NEVER pursue another chick that fits that criteria ever again-cuz it will only lead to the same thing....you gotta switch your game up man, plain n simple...best way to start is with a clean-up at home, then worry about finding a new broad-she'll find you when you're ready bro.
beerchug.gif
until then, keep your head up n the rubber down.

Women are so simple to understand: They go with the guy that grabs them by the hair, and drags them back to their cave. Case above in point. Hate to be blunt or offensive, but that's what I see here.

correction-women want a guy that is capable of doing the above, but treats them like a Queen in public...then when the door's shut at home....*insert Tarzan yodel here*
muscle.gif

ya got a point tho, WW....they can smell the 'caveman' in'em, and they like it-why? i dont know....
all_coholic.gif

Back