I high-sided at 75 mph

CWCobra

Registered
On I-75, just north of Chattanooga, TN, on Halloween day. Bike started to wobble, uncontrollably. Next thing I knew a lady was holding my head - telling me not to move. Fortunately, I have been an ATGATT kind of guy. More fortunately, I didn't hit anything, and nobody hit me. I broke collar bone, 5 ribs, and some bones in my foot. Very slight road rash on one elbow. I was wearing: Scorpion EXO-900 full face helmet, Field Sheer armored textile jacket, Olympia armored textile pants, Vega riding boots, and Warm-N-Safe leather gloves. My actual speed was probably greater than 75 mph, but that's the last reading i remember before the get-off.

Combination of ATGATT, and not being run over, with some good fortune tossed in, mean that I will make a full recovery in another 4 weeks or so. My son's research said only 6% even survive my kind of crash. Don't know how accurate that is, but here's the message i'd like to leave everyone: WEAR ALL YOUR GEAR, ALL THE TIME!

I was riding my Rocket III, which was totalled. I may or may not be selling my other bikes - the wife and i are going to decide later, after recovery is complete.

Anyhow, ATGATT!!!

CW

oh dang sorry for the get off, just glad your still here to post up

Good to hear that you're okay, everything else can be replaced but a life is precious, i've lost alot of friends on bikes, majority of which was not their fault, and some that the police stopped investigating.

Speedy recovery to you

Glad you stick with that mottow and wish everyone would. Thankfully you are around to share the word. :thumbsup:

Do you have any idea what happened? Not getting run over was fortunate. Best wishes for full recovery.

First off let me say I'm happy you received no serious enjuries!

However, if you were cruising along the freeway and the bike went into an uncontrolable head shake without any additional input something smells fishy? :dunno:

The Rocket III is a bigass bike but I've not heard of any bad habits? Did anyone see your crash that could help you to understand exactly what went wrong. Bikes just don't decide all of a sudden they are going to pitch you off.

I hope you get it figured out?

Heal up glad you can post :thumbsup:

75 mph highside ??? usually see them when leaning through a turn and a slight loss of traction on the rear and then a little bite from the rear..:dunno:

curious as to what happened important thing is you live to ride another day, maybe depending on the wife :laugh:

Back